D/FW XJ'er

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah!?!?!?!?!? You just wait till I get my hands on a colisium head, and then we'll see who's the bedroom wanker then mister!!!!!!!

:p

:wave:

• Members

Yeah, you need that 100w amp for your stadium gigs, don't you, you man of excitement and mystery. :cool:

:bor::wave:

• Members

If they enjoy their gear, who the hell cares? I've played gigs with 5 watt amps (Univalve cranked with a 6V6!) it doesn't really matter.

It's almost like those doofi who bitch about people having more than one guitar, or a really nice guitar and they don't play out.

Pete

• Members

Originally posted by D/FW XJ'er

I'm just drunk and see too many posts about how certain amps sound great at bedroom levels.

Plus I don't own a 100 watt anmp. Several 50 watters though
;)

What is considered bedroom volume? No one outside of your bedroom can hear you playing? If that's the case, no 100 watt tube amps sound good at that level. There is no point owning a tube amp if you have to play that quiet all the time.

• Members

= teh lose.

100 watt tube amps weren't meant to be played at bedroom levels.
:thu:

But keep wanking away.
:cool:

You have a point there, thats why I went for 180:wave:

roomfar2fb.jpg

diezelclose9rw.jpg

cab2pe.jpg

Granted, I was in a band for ~7 years and have been forced into bedroom wankery due to being in grad school, but hey, whatever:wave:

• Members

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

So just because you play in your bedroom doesn't mean you can't play the amp loud?
:confused:
I had my 5150 on 10 the other day. That isn't bedroom volume.

dude, seriously...do you have any hearing left? i had my 5150 on 10 once...and it scared me!

then another time i had it on 7 and my insides were shaking so badly it was making me sick...

and i had earplugs in both times...otherwise id be deaf (because it was deafening WITH the earplugs!!!)

i have a 5150 because i like the way it sounds...bedroom or otherwise, i dont care what anyone thinks :wave: although i plan to get a Pod XT and have the Metal model pack so i can have the 5150 on there also, and record straight to the computer.

• Members

Originally posted by soc_monki

dude, seriously...do you have any hearing left? i had my 5150 on 10 once...and it scared me!

then another time i had it on 7 and my insides were shaking so badly it was making me sick...

and i had earplugs in both times...otherwise id be deaf (because it was deafening WITH the earplugs!!!)

i have a 5150 because i like the way it sounds...bedroom or otherwise, i dont care what anyone thinks
although i plan to get a Pod XT and have the Metal model pack so i can have the 5150 on there also, and record straight to the computer.

Haha, I didn't have any earplugs in, neither did my buddy. We were both right in front of the cab too. He said he could feel his balls shaking. Good {censored}. :D

• Members

So you have no band, but you feel the need to have multiple 100 watt tube amps in your dorm room?
:rolleyes:

Good job.
:thu:

I sort of have a band, me and a few buddies plan to record a demo over the summer. And I don't have any of my amps in my dorm room. They're at home. A friend of mine that lives across the hall just bought a Mesa Mark III 1x12 combo though. :thu: