So what other Monsters flew under the Radar in the 80's?

STEEL KAGE

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

I liked that band alot but Ralphie always makes fun of me for diggin them...That first album was awesome IMO

Really!? I thought they'd be right up Ralpies alley! :D

And yeah... I wore that first album out when I was 16... :D

• Members

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

I liked tha band alot but I didnt think that he was a monster

Duh , Kenny Dubman!!!

Dave and kenny were/are monsters.

There were some Varney guys that i may have missed out on like Joey Taffola. And i never listened to much Chastain either so i don't know how good those guys are.

James Bryd was really good. He was in Fifth Angel then had some solo stuff.

• Members

a couple of my favourite guitarists (not necessarily the best, but they did the trick for me!):

- Tim Kelly - original guitarist from "Slaughter" sadly died in 1998. When I saw them live in 1991 he blew me away with some superb solos and tones, massive huge tone

- Derek Frigo - guitarist from Enuff Znuff sadly dead too ( :( ), again did a solo spot when I saw them live in 1992 - massive brilliant tapping solo

• Members

Originally posted by Stratotone

Mike Slamer was pretty good imho... played guitar for steve walsh on the 'streets' albums. Freaked me out when in an interview nuno bettencourt named him as being an inspiration.

Pete

EXCELLENT call!!

Do you own any Steelhouse Lane? Slammer came out of retirement and put out some killer stuff ;)

• Members

Originally posted by danyeo

Dave and kenny were/are monsters.

There were some Varney guys that i may have missed out on like Joey Taffola. And i never listened to much Chastain either so i don't know how good those guys are.

James Bryd was really good. He was in Fifth Angel then had some solo stuff.

Yeah Joey was very Cool. His first album blew but after that , his Infra Blue stuff was kicking, very clean and smooth...

I thought Mark Diglio from XYZ was pretty good but he wasnt a monster..

• Members

Originally posted by gainfreak

EXCELLENT call!!

Do you own any Steelhouse Lane? Slammer came out of retirement and put out some killer stuff
;)

Yup, got some of the steelhouse stuff and the two street albums too, all on mp3. He wasn't super flashy but really played the right notes for the song - I always thought of him as kinda an 80s metal larry carlton :)

Pete

• Members

Originally posted by Stratotone

Yup, got some of the steelhouse stuff and the two street albums too, all on mp3. He wasn't super flashy but really played the right notes for the song - I always thought of him as kinda an 80s metal larry carlton
:)

Pete

Same here!! The heavy Metal Carlton analogy is priceless!! :D

I also think that he is an amazing songwriter (for the 80's type stuff ;) ) The guys music has hooks for days. The Second Steelhouse lane album Doesn't have a bad tune on it (although I am not fond of track 3 it is not a bad tune lol :D )

If you heard any of the Neal Schon Hardline stuff then you heard more then a few of his tunes!

• Members

Originally posted by shreder75

I saw them at the Burch Hill up on Rt. 9 in jersey! great band

It sucks that the place got bulldozed for condos. That was our metal hangout for years. I played there often as well, oh the good old times.

Archived