SPAM: Mesa Boogie Mark III C+ (modded) Full Features

danjovi

• Members

Mesa Boogie Mark III C+ modded by mike bendinelli @ the mesa factory in Petaluma,CA. It was previously a blue stripe, serial #24139

Simulclass, Reverb, EQ, 2 foot switches, leather cover, Long Head Version.

New tubes that i purchased from Dougs Tubes.

SED Winged C 6l6 (2)

Sed Winged C El34 (2)

Tung-Sol - (1)

JJ's Ecc803 - (1)

9th gen chinese (3)

I've got the paper work of what was done to the amp, which is basically modded to sound like a Mark IIC+ "duh" :)

All 3 channels sound beautiful. You can get 2 sweet sounding tones at a time.

The mod/check-up was $350 dollars alone. If you've heard or played a Mark III you know what they can do, and this baby does it better than the stock model.

There is one tiny ding on the corner of the amp, otherwise it is completely Mint

just shoot me a PM and i'll hook you up with some pictures if you are interested.

$1050 OBO - Plus Shipping - Im located in Los Angeles California

I've always wanted the "hot rodded marshall" sound, and I can't afford to have more than 1 amp. So hopefully a kind forumite might buy the amp so I can get a Splawn : )

• Members

Originally posted by danjovi

hey LL!

haha thanks brother, you're a nice guy too

the amp is sweet, but I've realized I really wanted the hot rodded marshall sound

Its a shame i Can't afford to have more than one amp : (

small world ^_^

No prob bro! I know what you mean about wanting the hot-rodded Marshall sound. I went from this Mark III/IIC+, a Mark IV, and 2 Marshall 1959SLP's to rack gear and now I'm back to heads. I won't go back to rack, heads just sound much better to me; more power, more punch. I got another Marshall 1959SLP that I'm going to mod and 2 Mesa Mark IIC+ heads now.

While I dig the Boogie sound, I dig the hotrod Marshall sound as well. I want to get a Fender Dual Showman Reverb Head for cleans and then I'm set with a tri-amp setup.

Aineias, I'd say $750 to $850 is what a nice Mark III with all options is going for. Then the mod is $350, the footswitches are $50 a piece from Mesa, the cover is what, $25? I'd say it's a good deal. Note shipping is going to be expensive as the head is very heavy. Can't you buy some sort of voltage convertor that you can plug US stuff into? A new tranny is going to cost a lot of $ and I wouldn't want to screw with an amp like that. Just a thought.

• Members

damn you im jealous of all that gear.

You own 2 C+ amps.. thats just not fair! :(

I need to do guitar tracks in like 2 weeks, and ill probably be ampless

How bout I leave my credit card, social security, lisense, and car at your house

if you let me borrow a IIC+ for the recording?

:D

Man the suckiest part is how im going to be ampless once this bad boy goes : (

lol

• Members

You own 2 C+ amps.. thats just not fair!
:(

How bout I leave my credit card, social security, lisense, and car at your house

lol

That does suck but hang in there. I have only one at the moment. The other is at GC waiting to get cleared. Believe it or not, I found this second one at GC in West Covina sitting right by the Mesa/Marshall room. It doesn't have EQ but it has verb, the 105 power transformer, and SimulClass. Even if I ship it to Mesa to get the EQ put in and make it fully-loaded, it's still cheaper than what I'd pay for on ebay or anywhere else.

• Members

Originally posted by Aineias

Well I e-mailed MESA about the convertor and they said that I coud either change out the transformer or get an outboard step-down transformer, but that if I planned to keep it in the UK (a no brainer really) then it would be better to go with the internal one.

As for the cost - I know what Im' getting into - but thatnks for the warnings. HOwever, it still works out better than getting MESABoogie gear here in the UK - especially since it's had the mod done so I avoid the two way shipping costs to the US for the Mod.

Some interesting figure for you - Mark III at $1050 work out at approx

• Members

You own 2 C+ amps.. thats just not fair!
:(

lol

If you're going to be tracking and need amps to record with let me know, I'll lend you something that'll work WELL.

Zach's%20rig%20with%20fender%20001.jpg

• Members

: O!!!

thanks Zach

and thanks for all the amp/speaker advice you've given me

You still gotta put up some of those old school clips of your band though : )

I still got your #, i saved it on my phone a long time ago.

I'll find a way to get down there no matter what, especially if im MarkIIIC+ less

• Members
Originally posted by Zachman

If you're going to be tracking and need amps to record with let me know, I'll lend you something that'll work WELL. Wow man that's really cool of a fourmite. Hey are those "eddie" gtrs in your pic gmw's?-Thanks

Zach's%20rig%20with%20fender%20001.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by pte3x

The Black and yellow one is a Charvel with a GMW neck, that I built. The cool thing is, the PU in it is actually a double cream Duncan EVH (VERY hard to find), the black and white one is a no name that I got for $100, plays and sounds GREAT though, and it actually stays in tune with a stock fender trem.

• Members

Originally posted by pte3x

Cool axes bro.Wish I had the etra dough to buy the modded mark 3 c+ I used to have a mark2 c+ and miss it dearly

Thanks. I LOVE my MKIII Coliseum Simul-class; 20 years of trouble-free gigging, I am still discovering GREAT tones in this one amp.

Having the xtra dough to buy, gear to tame the "tone jones", is a missing component on my side too. I have a way to go, to finish my dream rig. Only a few more pieces, but all are expensive. ARRGGGGHHHH, it's so frustrating; being so close yet so far. It is a fun journey though.

Here is Gainfreak (Ralph) and Steel Kage (Kage) tow guys that really can play VERY WELL, they are a couple of GMW guitar junkies too, and I know why, GMW's are HIGH Quality.

zach%20guitars%20012.jpg

Zach's%20rig%20with%20fender%20002b.jpg

durango%20pics%20004.jpg

durango%20pics%20006.jpg

• Members

Mesa Boogie Mark III C+ modded by mike bendinelli @ the mesa factory in Petaluma,CA. It was previously a blue stripe, serial #24139

Simulclass, Reverb, EQ, 2 foot switches, leather cover, Long Head Version.

New tubes that i purchased from Dougs Tubes.

SED Winged C 6l6 (2)

Sed Winged C El34 (2)

Tung-Sol - (1)

JJ's Ecc803 - (1)

9th gen chinese (3)

I've got the paper work of what was done to the amp, which is basically modded to sound like a Mark IIC+ "duh"
:)

All 3 channels sound beautiful. You can get 2 sweet sounding tones at a time.

The mod/check-up was $350 dollars alone. If you've heard or played a Mark III you know what they can do, and this baby does it better than the stock model.

There is one tiny ding on the corner of the amp, otherwise it is completely Mint

just shoot me a PM and i'll hook you up with some pictures if you are interested.

$1050 OBO - Plus Shipping - Im located in Los Angeles California

I've always wanted the "hot rodded marshall" sound, and I can't afford to have more than 1 amp. So hopefully a kind forumite might buy the amp so I can get a Splawn : )

So how does the IIIC+ sound in comparison to the IIC+?

• Members

I have never played a real C+ amp, but according to a few forumites Gainfreak/Danyeo

Even the STOCK Mark III's can come somewhat close to the C+ tone but not quite the same "special feel" you could say. Its probably not as smooth and fizzy (stock keep in mind)

From the phone convos i had with Mike B he said that the Mark III C+ is a little hotter/more gain than than the IIC+ and gets as close as posible to the tone.

He said its like 98% there

I've heard 1-2 guys on grailtone, or here (i forget) who said they prefered their modded Mark IIIC+ over the their MarkIIC+ amp.

I used this amp in full band practices, and it cut through big time even when i scooped mids like no tomorrow.

My favorite is the clean and lead. The Clean sounds very much different than the stock MKIII (100x better) and the lead channel is basically hotter/ no fizziness/ and articulate

Ive played a Mark III red stripe and it sounded aggresive and freakin great.

But when it came down to it I bought this modded one cause it had that mean/aggresive tone when cranked/high gain(like the red stripe) but maintained clarity better than the stock red stripe.

If a stock Mark III can get pretty close to a C+, than this one SHOULD do it 98% justice : )