OT: Need a 7 string

keithb

• Members

I'm in the market for a 7-string, and I can't for the life of me decide on a guitar.

So far I've come up with

Ibanez RG1527 - Solid guitar, I've always like RGs

Carvin 727 - whatever options I want, although I've never played one everyone says they're nice

Schecter Hellraiser 7 - a bit chunky for me, but sounds great

How do I decide?! :confused:

• Members

I have a washburn 7 string for sale right now. Its in EX. condition. I can send pics. I am looking to get $140.00 for it. Metallic grey/black, 2 humbuckers, 3 way switch, stop bar and tunamatic bridge setup, grover tuners. all black hardware. Bolt on neck.

• Members

Originally posted by tubedrt

I have a washburn 7 string for sale right now. Its in EX. condition. I can send pics. I am looking to get $140.00 for it. Metallic grey/black, 2 humbuckers, 3 way switch, stop bar and tunamatic bridge setup, grover tuners. all black hardware. Bolt on neck.

Did you get my PM man?

• Members

I bought an Ibanez RG7321 not so long ago becuase i wanted to see if i could adapt to a 7string. As it happens, i love playing on a 7string and all the extra options it gives, so i put in a slime green DiMarzio Evo 7 to fit the colour scheme and it screams, shame i dont have a digital camera of my own becuase it looks awsome with the green pickup in it

744bc29d.jpg

It plays really well for a cheapie, i spend just as much time on it as my SL-1 really. A good fast neck and a fixed bridge, so theres nothing to go wrong.

James

• Members

Ibanez makes great 7s. I have an S and an RG (with FRT), they RULE. I do have an ESP M series (with FRT) and a Rondo (with FRT).

Honestly, for the $ spend I would say that the Rondo is an AWESOME buy. Mine has a 27" scale, DiMarzio Blaze humbuckers and no inlay ebony fretboard. For $410 it was a GREAT investment.

That said I will get a Carvin 7 too. Got it all spec-ed out and everything, just need to pay off my Korg 32 track recorder (0% for a year) and I'm on that Carvin. I did say that before though!

Derek

• Members

Well, I guess I'll join in the fun. I personally have a 007 elite that I am going to sell. Its a great guitar, but I don't use it. Lte me know if you want info.

As far as schecter guitars go.. I think they are fantastic. Very solid construction, lots o' bang for the buck!

Archived