Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOT: To those of you with anxiety/panic disorders...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOT: To those of you with anxiety/panic disorders...

For the past year I've been struggeling with a panic disorder... panic attacks at random times for no reason whatsoever. I also had frequent heart palpitations. A couple of months after it started, my doctor put me on zoloft and it helped quite a bit but i still had a lot more anxiety problems than I should have, and still had palpitations occasionally.

Well a couple weeks ago I was surfing the net and came across an article about fish oil supplements, and how they've recently been proven to help anxiety problems, and heart problems, including palpitations. So I thought I'd give it a shot. I started taking fish oil supplements (1000mg, 2-3 times a day) and I feel a LOT better than I have in months. My anxiety level is much lower now, and the palpitations have decreased significantly.

The reason I'm posting this is because I know a lot of people on here have suffered from similar problems and there have been numerous posts about it. Sorry if this is old news, but I had never heard anything about fish oil until recently.

Gear:
    - guitars
    - amps
    - cabs
    - bass
    - drums
    - cymbals

Sweet! I won't get into my views on psychiatric drugs, but there are things people can do not involving drugs that one would be shocked to realize how effective they are.
    If you are so sure that I am crazy, why do I get to wear the magic pants?

Comment

Fish oil (Omega 3) and Ginkgo Biloba are excellent things to take regularly for the brain to increase concentration, well-being, memory, counteract depression, etc

Comment

fish oil is great for you. I've been taking those, and a multi-vitamin for years...still can't grow a beard though.
        Engl Savage 120
        Framus Dragon 4x12
        Ltd MH400NT
        Ltd M250
        Arizona Green Tea
        Isp Decimator
        Rock Hard Cases

Comment

BUSPAR

Comment

hi bro, i had the same problems (anxiety, heart palpitations). the best advice i can give you for getting rid of them is : exercise cardiovascularly, stop drinking caffeine, dont smoke (pot especially) and eat less greasy food. those all seem to contribute to palpitations. what do your palpitations feel like? I can feel a kind of tightening in the bottom of my throat, and a little flutter in my chest, no pain though. I used to get palps all the time, but they are pretty minimal now thank God. Mine were brought on when i was taking diet pills containing ephedra.
            "Follow your instinct.... It usually takes you home."

Heads:
            Egnater Armageddon
            VHT Deliverance
            Titan Custom 100
            Baron MII 100
            Marshall JCM 800 2203KK
            VHT 100 CL
            Splawn Nitro
            Peavey 6505 & FJA 6505 & 5150 II
            Krank Krankenstein +
            Bogner Uberschall Rev Blue
            Rivera K-Tre'
            Framus Cobra & Dragon
            Ampeg VH-140c
            Engl Savage 120 & Powerball
            Mesa Dual Rectifier
            ESP Guitars

HC References
            http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=2242115

Comment

+1

for some reason, the pot makes me anxiety-ridden now. Never used to be that way, but maybe as you get older it affects you differently.

Now when I smoke a doob, I end up hiding under the bed with my Ka-Bar knife......waiting...

Comment

**************** pot does the exact opposite for me. I have hypertension due to several things that have happened in the past few years and usually when I smoke a doob it takes all of my worries away for a while. It does speed up the heart a little right after you smoke but that just happens, no biggie.

I used to think I was having a heart attack on several occasions. I would be driving down the road and feel my heart speeding up, my breathing would get crazy and I would feel pain in my left arm. After several checkups I found out that nothing is wrong with my heart and I was merely having anxiety attacks. It's crazy how much an anxiety attack can make you feel like you are having a heart attack.

Comment

What do heart palpatations feel like??
                  PROLETARIAT

Originally Posted by Norton666

Man , Ive held off replying to any Klops threads because its kind of like the sweet , naive retarded kid down the street who is out putting in hours on his pogo stick every single night with dreams of someday going pro . You have to admire his ambition and determination , but at some point , he will realize he is retarded and there isnt a pro pogo stick league. I just dont wanna be the guy to tell him . Wait...............

Comment

what do your palpitations feel like? I can feel a kind of tightening in the bottom of my throat, and a little flutter in my chest, no pain though.

What do heart palpatations feel like??

Reading is your friend.

Comment

weed used to chill me out, but one day i snapped and now they induce a panic attack, big time.....of course, i am always on the verge of them anyway. i found that lack of sleep REALLY kicks them in. couple that with my bad acid reflux (which also feels like a heart attack) and blah....lots of bad panic blah. i was on paxil but that turned me into a vegetable (except during sleep, where i would have intense nightmares...sometimes about kannibulism)......

- Adam

Comment

they feel like your heart is beating irregularly for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by iplayloudly
                          For the past year I've been struggeling with a panic disorder... panic attacks at random times for no reason whatsoever. I also had frequent heart palpitations. A couple of months after it started, my doctor put me on zoloft and it helped quite a bit but i still had a lot more anxiety problems than I should have, and still had palpitations occasionally.

Well a couple weeks ago I was surfing the net and came across an article about fish oil supplements, and how they've recently been proven to help anxiety problems, and heart problems, including palpitations. So I thought I'd give it a shot. I started taking fish oil supplements (1000mg, 2-3 times a day) and I feel a LOT better than I have in months. My anxiety level is much lower now, and the palpitations have decreased significantly.

The reason I'm posting this is because I know a lot of people on here have suffered from similar problems and there have been numerous posts about it. Sorry if this is old news, but I had never heard anything about fish oil until recently.

word!

thanks mang, i gotta try fish oil out.
                          - Adam

Comment

Yeah...I've heard the same about Paxil.....makes you a zombie most of the day....no ups or downs....just kinda "meh". And the dreams....intense.....most of those anti-anxiety drugs do that. Buspar is a clean one out there....light enough to do the trick.

I never was an anxious person....life sometimes catches up with you, and changes that.

Comment

Fish oil is good to take, but don't expect it to get rid of anxiety....doesn't happen. Same with St. Johns Wort making your memory better......

Comment

Working...
                              X