Best CHEAP guitar cabs

StratAttackJack

• Members

I just got back from GC, thank the Lord I didn't walk out with anything today, but I was trying to find a good match for my Epi Valve Jr. head. I don't have much money to spend, and the selection there sucked. The cheapest were those marshall mg series cabs, which I hear suck. I didn't have time to check any out as I could only go in and price check. Do I have to dish out big some cash for good tone??

• Members

Originally posted by dcooper830

I've been wanting a 4 x 12 cab myself... And I thought one cost effective route might be to by one of the Marshall MG cabinets.. and then load it with Eminence Texas Heats.

I bet that would sound very good.

You could get an Avatar 4x12 loaded with the Texas Heats for a lower price. That way, you wouldn't have to unload the cab.

• Members

If you're buying new. The Behringer 4x12 stereo cab with the Jenson speakers is the best value out there, in my opinion*.

I've used mine for 3 years without any problems. I did just blow out a speaker, though. I also play WAY loud. The casters suck and they're way heavy.. so get some new casters and avoid picking it up. :)

*That I've tried. You can get a used Marshall 1960 for not much more.

• Members
Originally posted by StratAttackJack

I just got back from GC, thank the Lord I didn't walk out with anything today, but I was trying to find a good match for my Epi Valve Jr. head. I don't have much money to spend, and the selection there sucked. The cheapest were those marshall mg series cabs, which I hear suck. I didn't have time to check any out as I could only go in and price check. Do I have to dish out big some cash for good tone??

There's tons of used stuff out there. You should be able to pick up a decent used single 12" cab or similar for under $100.

Archived