Next best to Mesa Boogie?

Petrucci_is_God

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Originally posted by Petrucci_is_God

My price limit is 2000 euro (i think thats around $2,500)

C'mon dude!!! that's a LOT of cash, sure you can get a Mesa with that amount of money :thu:

In fact, with that you can get some of their top of the line ones :)

• Members

I understand that you guys pay a premium on that stuff but I'd go for a used mark with a used 1x12 or 2x12 cab. It should be within your price-point, and if you like petrucci I gaurantee you'd like the marks. Mark III or IV specifically as the IIC+ is out of any normal person's price range anyways. =)

• Members

well if you are paying a premium for any american amp.... then look at european amps.... and add an EQ pedal, it wont be exactly like a Mesa, but it will probably still sound great..

Try some out and see which give a thick warm tone... you have Hughes & Kettner, Ashdown, Koch, etc at your disposal. I am sure one of their models can get you in the tonal ball park. You may even try a Mesa V-twin in that amps loop, those are pretty cheap on the used market....

• Members

F-50...50 watt? Would u get much power and volume outta that?

I have an F-30 halfstack (I prefer el84 tubes to 6l6's), its so loud that I cant play with the master past 1, even at that, it litteraly rattles things in the room.

• Members

The MKIII is discontinued isnt it? What is their current equivalent?

The only marks currently in production are the Mark I reissue, and the Mark IV. The Mark I's are awesome amps and sell for around $1250, but it may not have all the characteristics you are looking for.