John Petrucci C+/Road King vids

Nelg

• Members

his tone is for {censored} on this...sounds like muffled gunk..

:(

Originally posted by 4nkam

actually I just checked youtube and the TOT roadking demo is
here

It's not the entire vid, but I think it 's the whole rig demo stuff. My connection is slow right now so I can't check the end
:p

MJ

• Members

the camera sucks, but the IIC+ rig sounds WAAAAAAAAAAAY better. the RK just sounds woofy and grunty.

and i don't like DT, so i have no partiality towards one or the other. the RK's low-mids just overpower the rest of the sound.

• Members

Originally posted by bullhead

the camera sucks, but the IIC+ rig sounds WAAAAAAAAAAAY better. the RK just sounds woofy and grunty.

and i don't like DT, so i have no partiality towards one or the other. the RK's low-mids just overpower the rest of the sound.

I see what you're saying, but I think it would sound badass in person.

Just my opinion though :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by bob the dentist

I see what you're saying, but I think it would sound badass in person.

Just my opinion though
:thu:

it's a good sound, but i think the IIC+ is just way better. i like its cleans better than the Lone Star's (could also be the effects added, which no doubt give it more depth), and i think the general sound is more balanced and clearer.

however, the RK was definitely more aggressive, and it gets serious points for that. might be the cabinets, as i thought my Mesa 2x12 was too woofy, and sold it.

• Members

Originally posted by bullhead

it's a good sound, but i think the IIC+ is just way better. i like its cleans better than the Lone Star's (could also be the effects added, which no doubt give it more depth), and i think the general sound is more balanced and clearer.

however, the RK was definitely more aggressive, and it gets serious points for that. might be the cabinets, as i thought my Mesa 2x12 was too woofy, and sold it.

I would like to hear the IIC+ then. :)

• Members

Originally posted by 4nkam

Roadking
:)

MJ

Who said that it was muffled sounding? :o Listen to that tone!

Thanks for the C+ upload.

I'd just like to add that I've never heard anyone regularly use more delay than Petrucci.

• Members

To me, his Road King tones beat the {censored} out of the C+ tones - for rhythm, at least. But, for SOME songs' songs, I really prefer the C+ soloing tones, which is undoubtedly more singing and searing than the RK's.