Ibanez Trade Scam - HELP

joeyinflames

• Members

Ok, here is the rundown.

I offered a trade to this guy from ebay a couple weeks back. The trade was his Ibanez JEM 7VWH for my Gibson SG AND my Schecter C-1. The trade was agreed, and pictures were exchanged. I later noticed that he sent me pictures of a different ebay auction of the same guitar - complained to him, then he sent me "real" ones later. I told him for his mistake that I would wait to recieve the guitar and be satisfied with it before I send my guitars. He never responded, only gave me the tracking number under UPS.

I recieved the guitar today. And to my suprise it is a KOREAN MADE JEM LOOK-ALIKE. Ibanez branded tuners and tremolo, made in korean factory in 2002 (the picture he sent said j craft on the neck and made in 2006,) not mint (the knobs are ready to break off and the tremolo locks at the headstock are very cheap looking, not the jem prestige neck (looks to be a cheap neck, terrible fret work, and no scalloping at the top frets,) and no dimarzio evolution pickups - they seem to be some random off brand (silver studs, not gold, and no dimarzio logo.) I complained to him by email today and threatened to report him to the NIFW (national internet fraud watch.) I also am debating on whether I should even send the guitar back for his terrible misconception - he could have basically stolen 2 of my guitars, worth together well over the amount of the fake he sent. If he doesn't respond in a week, I am keeping the guitar.

Thoughts as to what I should do? Any suggestions would help. Thanks,

Joe

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Originally posted by joeyinflames

Ok, here is the rundown.

I offered a trade to this guy from ebay a couple weeks back. The trade was his Ibanez JEM 7VWH for my Gibson SG AND my Schecter C-1. The trade was agreed, and pictures were exchanged. I later noticed that he sent me pictures of a different ebay auction of the same guitar - complained to him, then he sent me "real" ones later. I told him for his mistake that I would wait to recieve the guitar and be satisfied with it before I send my guitars. He never responded, only gave me the tracking number under UPS.

I recieved the guitar today. And to my suprise it is a KOREAN MADE JEM LOOK-ALIKE. Ibanez branded tuners and tremolo, made in korean factory in 2002 (the picture he sent said j craft on the neck and made in 2006,) not mint (the knobs are ready to break off and the tremolo locks at the headstock are very cheap looking, not the jem prestige neck (looks to be a cheap neck, terrible fret work, and no scalloping at the top frets,) and no dimarzio evolution pickups - they seem to be some random off brand (silver studs, not gold, and no dimarzio logo.) I complained to him by email today and threatened to report him to the NIFW (national internet fraud watch.) I also am debating on whether I should even send the guitar back for his terrible misconception - he could have basically stolen 2 of my guitars, worth together well over the amount of the fake he sent. If he doesn't respond in a week, I am keeping the guitar.

Thoughts as to what I should do? Any suggestions would help. Thanks,

Joe

Sell it on ebay :)

:) Tell him he's welcome to buy it :)

• Members
Originally posted by DarkIntension

HE'S OURS!!!

LETS GET HIM BOYS. Remember, lighter, dog {censored}, and paper bags...NOT PLASTIC!!!

What part of Cali?

hahahahahahahahaha thanks man, funny stuff.

Jeff Zavala
167 Midbury Hill Rd.
Newbury Park, CA

thats his address - or....the one he wanted me to send my stuff to....

• Members

Jeff Zavala

167 Midbury Hill Rd.

Newbury Park, CA

can he get me legally if i keep the guitar?

I don't think so and someone that was trying to scam you I doubt wants any contact with the police anyway. You have contacted him and the ball is in his court to get his stuff back. I would leave it on my porch and tell him to come get it :)

• Members

Jeff Zavala

167 Midbury Hill Rd.

Newbury Park, CA

Not if he doesn't respond saying he wants it back and pays for the shipping. Even then, I'm not so sure he can do anything if you keep it. He failed to deliver on his end of the contract anyway.

• Members
Originally posted by peavey2112

I'm pretty sure you better give the guitar back. You messed up by posting about it here. You can't keep it and give him nothing. Make him paypal you $40 to cover shipping and packing supplies and then send it back.

I'd send it back too, and I'm an asshole.

Joe, any pics of the guitar?

• Members

Jeff Zavala

167 Midbury Hill Rd.

Newbury Park, CA

IMHO keeping the guitar makes you no better than him. its crap, give it back, and just be more astute next time.

• Members
Originally posted by takedeepbreaths

{censored} that, what goes around comes around.

Keep it.

attitudes like that are a big reason for alot of our world's problems. There's nothing wrong with justice, but be smart about it.