Shall we stick a fork in the Dallas Mavericks?

batotman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by batotman

I'm just a playoff/finals NBA fan but I'm still shocked. Cuban is gonna get a fine, he was PISSED!!!!

yeah I saw that, here at dallas they cut away from the scene, so all I saw was a few seconds of it.

• Members

Originally posted by MonikerLewinsky

What did Cuban do?

Go Heat!

I'm in S. Florida, and all I saw on the broadcast was him angry and yelling, and storming the floor immediately after the buzzer, but then they cut away.

I'm curious to know what happened as well...

However, we did see Nowitski stomping around the hallway, kicking over chairs and exercise machines, and throwing things in the warmup room like a giant German baby. Not what I expected from a player who seemed like such a class act otherwise.

• Members

According to one news piece I read, it said that Cuban started yelling at one of the referees, and on his way off the floor, stopped near the scorer's table --- there, they said he just glared at NBA commish Stern.

-Attila

• Members

Originally posted by thriftyshirt

I'm in S. Florida, and all I saw on the broadcast was him angry and yelling, and storming the floor immediately after the buzzer, but then they cut away.

I'm curious to know what happened as well...

However, we did see Nowitski stomping around the hallway, kicking over chairs and exercise machines, and throwing things in the warmup room like a giant German baby. Not what I expected from a player who seemed like such a class act otherwise.

He gets pretty down on himself for having bad games. I don't think he was complaining about the other team, or anything like that. I could be wrong though.......

• Members

Originally posted by batotman

I'm just a playoff/finals NBA fan but I'm still shocked. Cuban is gonna get a fine, he was PISSED!!!!

If Cuban was pissed off at anyone(which he perpetually is) it should be at his coach who made a real bad rookie mistake -- calling a time out and then trying to wave it off which cant be done. The refs correctly awarded the Mavs their last time out, and this could have cost them the game. It was the difference between inbounding the ball at halfcourt where 1.9 seconds was plenty of time to get off a decent shot, and inbounding at the baseline for a quick desperation shot.

I'd love to see the Heat win and Mourning get a ring so he can finally retire. Then Shaq might only play one more year and call it a career.

• Members

Originally posted by Doug's Tubes

If Cuban was pissed off at anyone(which he perpetually is) it should be at his coach who made a real bad rookie mistake -- calling a time out and then trying to wave it off which cant be done. The refs correctly awarded the Mavs their last time out, and this could have cost them the game. It was the difference between inbounding the ball at halfcourt where 1.9 seconds was plenty of time to get off a decent shot, and inbounding at the baseline for a quick desperation shot.

I'd love to see the Heat win and Mourning get a ring so he can finally retire. Then Shaq might only play one more year and call it a career.

Josh Howard called the ill fated Timeout. The Mavs coaches were trying to tell him to shut up. ;)

• Members

Originally posted by D/FW XJ'er

Josh Howard called the ill fated Timeout. The Mavs coaches were trying to tell him to shut up.
;)

Yea, what's that all about? Why would Howard call a timeout in a crucial time like that when they only have one time out left? I don't get it!:confused:

• Members

The series is just where the league wanted - and scripted - it...... Heat up 3-2; returning to Dallas for at least one more game. Lots of additional revenue to the league, especially if it goes the full seven. Beautiful.

Remnds me of the second Chicago Bulls three-peat. As a Chicago guy, I used to follow them pretty closely (still do). During their second three year run, nobody in the league could match up with them on a regular basis. But isn't it funny how those championship series managed to go six games........ Go figger.....

• Members

Originally posted by Teleplayer

The series is just where the league wanted - and scripted - it......

+1. Reminds me of how long the league allowed the Cavs to stay in the playoffs too --- after all, LeBron generates a lot of money for them.

-Attila

Archived