No announcement yet.

SCORED!! Fender Bassman 50 Head!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCORED!! Fender Bassman 50 Head!

Just scored this baby from a local guy for a $150!! What a great way to kick off the weekend!

Guitars: PRS CE22 burst, PRS SE SC white, Gibson LP standard burst, Martin auditorium
    Amps:Orange TH30H, Tiny Terror
    Selling: 1990 Ovation Pinnacle, ibanez artcore deluxe, BOSS RC-20 XL

what, no love?
    Guitars: PRS CE22 burst, PRS SE SC white, Gibson LP standard burst, Martin auditorium

Comment

ditch that boat anchor. you can't even plug into the extra outlet, it's blocked by the back panel.

i'll give you $151 for it.

Comment

u suck - that's awesome!
        i've always wanted to try one of those.

Comment

great score man!
          why can't I find these kind of things around here?

Comment

Congrats Pink, your gonna love it once it is all checked out and has been serviced. Bassman amps are some of my faves. Enjoy!!!!!!!!
            My Amps & Guitars:
            The Bassmen: Proud Fender Bassman Player
            Fender Blackface Fraternity Lifetime Member

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Comment

Thanks, i feel good about owning a Vintage fender. It almost completes my production amp set of Marshall JCM800, Mesa Mark III, Peavey Classic 30 and now the Fender.

I was looking inside the diagram to find the circuitry but couldn't find it, only saw the patent numbers. Anyone knows where to find it? Also, how do i know the exact year of mine?

Comment

Is there something wrong with it that it only cost $150? It looks great and if it has no internal issues that could be one of the greatest deals I've ever heard of. I have been lusting over such an amp. Great score.

Comment

Originally posted by PompeTron_9000
                  Is there something wrong with it that it only cost $150? It looks great and if it has no internal issues that could be one of the greatest deals I've ever heard of. I have been lusting over such an amp. Great score.

Local adds my friend, you won't believe the things you can find there. This guy was selling his gear to rent an RV and roadtrip across the country with his GF. I'm not even sure he knew what it was, he called it a Fender bassman "power amp".

Comment

with a few inexpensive mods it even be put back to blackface specs!

Comment

Fender Amp Field Guide

A lot of info there.
                      ---------------------------------
                      Marshall '85 1959.
                      Fender '66 Bandmaster, '66 V-champ stock, '76 V-champ Tweeded, '05 Ash Telecaster, '99 A. Strat-Fat 50s.
                      Gibson Explorer '01-Burstbuckers.
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Good dealings with: zao Tag(Taganov) NonDigitalTom 50calexplorer TattooedCarrot V-Type Vitalogy57 mikenothing j666(RIP) potaetoes bucky

Comment

looks good....what year is it from???
                        looks like a mid 70's model
                        jirojan@yahoo.com

Comment

Yeah, I think its early 70's, not sure about the circuit though, no mention on the print inside. the SN starts with 666.

Comment

that's a heck of a deal! and it looks fantastic still. hope you get lots of use out of it.
                            Amps:
                            Fender Performer 1000
                            Marshall JCM900 Cab

Guitars:
                            Fender Deluxe Player's Stratocaster
                            Custom homemade (by PedalPat) Wolfgang
                            Carvin DC700m 7-string
                            Ibanez AW50 Acoustic
                            Parkwood PW 560 Acoustic

Other:
                            POD x3 Live

MAV (solo project)
                            POD patches

Comment

According to the field amp guid it was made between 1972-1976.

Don't forget to check those filter caps out.

Very nice score for a great price.

Comment

Working...
                              X