Goddamn bandmates!!!!

Sty1es

• Members

This is a thread where you can vent your frustrations about bandmates who piss you off.

Here's to all the time wasted due to incompetant bandmates who would rather sit around than practice, have excuses for everything, are compulsive liars, can't balance the band with their relationship, do coke, are alcoholics, trade your DVDs in for cigarette money, smoke your stash, eat your food (even though if they had just asked it wouldnt have been a big deal), wear your clothes without you ever knowing they had them in the first place, get you arrested for their actions, are so wasted and have nothing better to do so they go into a neighboring rich subdivision and put pick-axes through corvette hoods, steal other peoples' equipment, {censored} up your gear without taking responsibility, are too obssessed with showmanship that they forget about performance quality, {censored} ugly bitches and then complain about it, and all around sociopathy and disrespect for everyone and everything around them.

{censored} you! :mad:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sounds like fun.

I hate bandmates who are dominating. The other guitarist in my band always says {censored} like 'it has to be like this'. I hate that!!!! Everytime he sais it I want to smash his face in. He's going bald and thinks we don't know. I dont even care, doesn't worry me at all but he insists on wearing a beanie all the time, even when we go out. He is refused entry into places because he wont take it off and it always ends up {censored}ing up our night. Oh and the funny thing is, he keeps telling me I should grow my hair back 'cause guitarists should have long hair'. I've had long hair and if I wanted it I'd bloody have it! I'm not into trying to fit a steriotype.

He also wants to harmonise everything and try to make us sound like InFlames. He takes all the heavy riffs I write, slows everything down and adds these little 'happy' sounding pop chorus'. He is always making our highly talented bass player play stuff a 3 year old can play, telling him not to complicate things. He has to disagree with everything and everything has to be his way.

I have been very tollerant as we've only been jamming for a cjouple of months and I want to see how things shape up + I don't want to seem dominating but its getting to the stage where something has to change.

• Members

i get along with my bandmates pretty well...theyr significant others can pose a problem sometimes...

my other guitarist started dating my singers sister, who had 2 kids....word of advice.....DONT EVER LET THAT HAPPEN!!its been about a year, he doesnt work cause he has to take care of her kids, just had 1 of his own with her(thats 3now @20yrs old), and needs a new head/cab before our tour...

AWESOME!

• Members
Originally posted by Bradman006

Sounds like fun.

I hate bandmates who are dominating. The other guitarist in my band always says {censored} like 'it has to be like this'. I hate that!!!! Everytime he sais it I want to smash his face in. He's going bald and thinks we don't know. I dont even care, doesn't worry me at all but he insists on wearing a beanie all the time, even when we go out. He is refused entry into places because he wont take it off and it always ends up {censored}ing up our night. Oh and the funny thing is, he keeps telling me I should grow my hair back 'cause guitarists should have long hair'. I've had long hair and if I wanted it I'd bloody have it! I'm not into trying to fit a steriotype.

He also wants to harmonise everything and try to make us sound like InFlames. He takes all the heavy riffs I write, slows everything down and adds these little 'happy' sounding pop chorus'. He is always making our highly talented bass player play stuff a 3 year old can play, telling him not to complicate things. He has to disagree with everything and everything has to be his way.

I have been very tollerant as we've only been jamming for a cjouple of months and I want to see how things shape up + I don't want to seem dominating but its getting to the stage where something has to change.

Tell him N*Flaymz sucks, and he needs to quit being a melo-death {censored}. :D

• Members

Originally posted by Bradman006

Sounds like fun.

Just tell him being in a band is a democracy (unless he owns the van and all the gear and has the best house to practice at) and if he doesnt want to do what everyone else wants to do he can be replaced.

• Members
Originally posted by Sty1es

This is a thread where you can vent your frustrations about bandmates who piss you off.

Here's to all the time wasted due to incompetant bandmates who would rather sit around than practice, have excuses for everything, are compulsive liars, can't balance the band with their relationship, do coke, are alcoholics, trade your DVDs in for cigarette money, smoke your stash, eat your food (even though if they had just asked it wouldnt have been a big deal), wear your clothes without you ever knowing they had them in the first place, get you arrested for their actions, are so wasted and have nothing better to do so they go into a neighboring rich subdivision and put pick-axes through corvette hoods, steal other peoples' equipment, {censored} up your gear without taking responsibility, are too obssessed with showmanship that they forget about performance quality, {censored} ugly bitches and then complain about it, and all around sociopathy and disrespect for everyone and everything around them.

{censored} you!
:mad:

Wow you just summed up every band Ive been in as well. Ad hitting on your significant other when your not looking and that list is complete. You have to be Crazy or very patient to be in a band IMO.

• Members

I have been in so many bands and dealt with so much crap that I am very happy right now to not be in a band. I made the mistake of trying to make a living out of it. I landed a good job in commercial real estate this week, and God Damn, it feels good to get a steady paycheck! I love music, but I can no longer deal with band drama.

• Members

Originally posted by mister kyo

god you guys have awful bandmates. the band members in my first link in the sig are seriously some of my best friends in the world, and i get along great with the others too.

+1

All the guys in my band defer to me, completely...they give me parts and I arrange them...but I let the drummer do whatever the {censored} he wants haha.

• Members

i'm at a party right now stLyes and i found a white labled cdr that said "I KILL JACK" on it!

i put it in and dude, can that singer man.
you wanna pigeon hole yourself as another metalcore band?!?!!?

the cd belonged to a 15 year old girl and her and her friend told me "yeah, their singer is hot!!!"

i was like "eeeeeeeeeeh boy!"

Archived