OT: Do you believe modern humans descended from a lower life form?(poll)

voodoopower

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is why our current society is so screwed up. Scientific method has been replaced by opinion polls. Despite overwhelming evidence for (insert topic here, i.e. global warming, evolution, etc.), the public is brainwashed by propaganda from those with an agenda.

The administration censors facts that go against policy, deliberately tries to replace truth with dogma and cultures an environment of general distrust of science and those who dare speak out against them.

It's precisely this kind of mentality that eventually leads to things like Auschwitz. Just look at this forum. There was a post the other day where someone was advocating killing the relatives of those who are linked to terrorism. WTF?!!!!!

So in answer to the question, all scientific evidence says a resounding yes.

And so what? Is this so bad? What does it matter if I descended from pond scum? Is this any worse than descending from some dude who wore a fig leaf and ate an apple?

CC

• Members

Originally posted by CliffC8488

This is why our current society is so screwed up. Scientific method has been replaced by opinion polls. Despite overwhelming evidence for (insert topic here, i.e. global warming, evolution, etc.), the public is brainwashed by propaganda from those with an agenda.

The administration censors facts that go against policy, deliberately tries to replace truth with dogma and cultures an environment of general distrust of science and those who dare speak out against them.

It's precisely this kind of mentality that eventually leads to things like Auschwitz. Just look at this forum. There was a post the other day where someone was advocating killing the relatives of those who are linked to terrorism. WTF?!!!!!

And so what? Is this so bad? What does it matter if I descended from pond scum? Is this any worse than descending from some dude who wore a fig leaf and ate an apple?

CC

Well see, I tried to avoid all the baggage that comes from the discussion pro and con. Really all I wanted to see was what the people in this forum think.

• Members

Originally posted by voodoopower

Well see, I tried to avoid all the baggage that comes from the discussion pro and con. Really all I wanted to see was what the people in this forum think.

I think you sort of ASCEND from a lower life form, and lower is relative. There was a time when a one-celled amoeba was the smartest kid on the block. It depends on how you judge success as a life form, too. If you go by sheer numbers, cockroaches and rats kick our human asses. If you go by manipulating the environment and utilizing natural resources in inventive ways, maybe humans win that one. However, we ARE responsible for creating the Edsel. And George Bush.

• Members

Originally posted by voodoopower

No big deal, but you've gotta' know that whatever someone's opinion is, it's either supported by creation or evolution with the rare exception of someone having a mixture of views. ;)

• Members

Originally posted by savoldi

I think you sort of ASCEND from a lower life form, and lower is relative. There was a time when a one-celled amoeba was the smartest kid on the block. It depends on how you judge success as a life form, too. If you go by sheer numbers, cockroaches and rats kick our human asses. If you go by manipulating the environment and utilizing natural resources in inventive ways, maybe humans win that one. However, we ARE responsible for creating the Edsel. And George Bush.

I have no idea what you are jabbering about but please vote in the poll.:thu:

• Members

CC

Right, just because it suits your view a lot better, hahaha... science is never 100% right, yet at any given time we think it is... I hate to use this old tired cliche but I think it still applies. There was a time when science was completely positive the world was flat... {censored}, in 30 years we could be laughing at our current view of evolution in the same way... I'm not saying evolution as a whole, because I'm fairly certain scientists are gonna try to fit a square block into a round hole untill the death of science altogether...

My biggest beef is there are millions and millions of bones of our "ancestors" and millions and millions of bones of the out come, us, yet somehow there might be 30 examples at best of the inbetween stages and all of them are shrouded in controversy... if this was supposed to take billions of years, why is this the case?

anyway, I realize this wasn't supposed to be the point of the thread, so I'll put the gas can down and walk away from the fire. I just find it funny how I can just look at sciences view and roll my eyes a bit and walk away, yet somehow the atheists get to drag my opinions through the mud and then probably in the same day call me intolerant, and say I preach too much... Before I was a believer I had issues with evolution, and I never had creationism crammed down my throat like I do with evolution...

OP: sorry, I had to, no more from me from here on out, I promise... you can have my gas can now

• Members

We are not a race; we are a vehicle.

Many years ago was a race who realised their planet was dying. They flourished in an atmosphere composed largely of Carbon Dioxide. They, as we do now, raped their planet of its natural resources and they began to perish. What left to do but create a new race of incubators who would safely contain their DNA and return the planet to their ideal state!

Human kind has not been around long enough to show the intelligence that we do above the rest of the animal kingdom.

• Members

Originally posted by satannica

We are not a race; we are a vehicle.

Many years ago was a race who realised their planet was dying. They flourished in an atmosphere composed largely of Carbon Dioxide. They, as we do now, raped their planet of its natural resources and they began to perish. What left to do but create a new race of incubators who would safely contain their DNA and return the planet to their ideal state!

Human kind has not been around long enough to show the intelligence that we do above the rest of the animal kingdom.

huh?

• Members

Originally posted by someones_tired

ahh, so it was a trick question

There is nothing tricky about it. It is a straight forward question.

defination according to webster in this context:

Ascend: go back in order of genealogical succession; "Inheritance may not ascend linearly"

Descend: derive: come from; be connected by a relationship of blood, for example; "She was descended from an old Italian noble family"; "he comes from humble origins"

• Members

:rolleyes:

actually, 'science' only measures the MATERIAL world and is very much subject to 'cause and effect'...it cannot, however even begin to enter into the realm of 'origins' other than to 'TRY' and explain the origin of man in "science speak" with no concrete 'facts' or 'proof' to suppoert it's 'hypothesis' of 'macro-evolution'....

as a matter of fact! the 'scientific evidence' mounts against Darwin and his hypothesis of evolution everyday!

(BTW: if you are an honest person...and you examine the evidence AGAINST Darwinism...you will find it to be more about FAITH than fact)

unless, of course, you speak to the 'evolution scientists' that are more about FAITH in a 'anemic lack of evidence' to support evolution than they are about truth and factual findings and what those findings portend.

Archived