Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

OT: Do you believe modern humans descended from a lower life form?(poll)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Do you believe modern humans descended from a lower life form?(poll)

Ignore the stigma of darwinism and creationism. Just a simple question.

i think some humans are lower life forms.

Comment

Originally posted by dmk

Maybe but thats an entirely seperate poll.

Comment

This is why our current society is so screwed up. Scientific method has been replaced by opinion polls. Despite overwhelming evidence for (insert topic here, i.e. global warming, evolution, etc.), the public is brainwashed by propaganda from those with an agenda.

The administration censors facts that go against policy, deliberately tries to replace truth with dogma and cultures an environment of general distrust of science and those who dare speak out against them.

It's precisely this kind of mentality that eventually leads to things like Auschwitz. Just look at this forum. There was a post the other day where someone was advocating killing the relatives of those who are linked to terrorism. WTF?!!!!!

So in answer to the question, all scientific evidence says a resounding yes.

And so what? Is this so bad? What does it matter if I descended from pond scum? Is this any worse than descending from some dude who wore a fig leaf and ate an apple?

CC
        <div class="signaturecontainer">Go eXtreme: <a href="http://www.fractalaudio.com" target="_blank">www.fractalaudio.com</a><br />
        <br />
        Ignore List:<br />
        Ricky Bobby<br />
        guitarbilly74<br />
        lenster<br />
        <br />
        =add your name here=</div>

Comment

Originally posted by CliffC8488
          This is why our current society is so screwed up. Scientific method has been replaced by opinion polls. Despite overwhelming evidence for (insert topic here, i.e. global warming, evolution, etc.), the public is brainwashed by propaganda from those with an agenda.

The administration censors facts that go against policy, deliberately tries to replace truth with dogma and cultures an environment of general distrust of science and those who dare speak out against them.

It's precisely this kind of mentality that eventually leads to things like Auschwitz. Just look at this forum. There was a post the other day where someone was advocating killing the relatives of those who are linked to terrorism. WTF?!!!!!

So in answer to the question, all scientific evidence says a resounding yes.

And so what? Is this so bad? What does it matter if I descended from pond scum? Is this any worse than descending from some dude who wore a fig leaf and ate an apple?

CC

Well see, I tried to avoid all the baggage that comes from the discussion pro and con. Really all I wanted to see was what the people in this forum think.

Comment

Originally posted by dmk

I've created some interesting forms that ended up swirling away -- sometimes in a futile manner before a couple more flushes.
            __________________________________________________ ________
            Great transactions: -Juggernaut-, Beergoblin, Boris the Blade, Guttermouth, Tubesteakfortone, thriftyshirt, craftswitch, negative theory, and dethmetalanimal

Comment

Originally posted by voodoopower

Well see, I tried to avoid all the baggage that comes from the discussion pro and con. Really all I wanted to see was what the people in this forum think.

I think you sort of ASCEND from a lower life form, and lower is relative. There was a time when a one-celled amoeba was the smartest kid on the block. It depends on how you judge success as a life form, too. If you go by sheer numbers, cockroaches and rats kick our human asses. If you go by manipulating the environment and utilizing natural resources in inventive ways, maybe humans win that one. However, we ARE responsible for creating the Edsel. And George Bush.
              <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;I don't see how the fat lady with the dog fits in.&quot; Stonedtone<br />
              <br />
              &quot;I usually know whats going to come out well. Im usually right.&quot; Davo17<br />
              <br />
              &quot;Don't make me spell bitch on your ass with a backwards B.&quot; moonlight<br />
              <br />
              &quot;He believes that when you've worked hard, and done well, and walked through that doorway of opportunity, you do not slam it shut behind you. You reach back, and you give other folks the same chances that helped you succeed.&quot;</div>

Comment

No big deal, but you've gotta' know that whatever someone's opinion is, it's either supported by creation or evolution with the rare exception of someone having a mixture of views.
                __________________________________________________ ________
                Great transactions: -Juggernaut-, Beergoblin, Boris the Blade, Guttermouth, Tubesteakfortone, thriftyshirt, craftswitch, negative theory, and dethmetalanimal

Comment

Originally posted by savoldi

I think you sort of ASCEND from a lower life form, and lower is relative. There was a time when a one-celled amoeba was the smartest kid on the block. It depends on how you judge success as a life form, too. If you go by sheer numbers, cockroaches and rats kick our human asses. If you go by manipulating the environment and utilizing natural resources in inventive ways, maybe humans win that one. However, we ARE responsible for creating the Edsel. And George Bush.

I have no idea what you are jabbering about but please vote in the poll.

Comment

Im a little suprised at the results thus far. I thought it would be tipped more towards option number two. But please VOTE VOTE VOTE!

Comment

There's still a large population of knuckledraggers amonst us. They do tend to vote republican, though.

Comment

Dam thats funny

Originally posted by dmk
                        <div class="signaturecontainer">Super Sexy Splawn Society<br />
                        Good Transactions With: <br />
                        PURCHASED GEAR FROM = MetalHead, Soulcrucher_X, sandman2nt8, xdamagexx, Satumine10, petelaramee, guitarslinger, Dewysoss, hangwire, <br />
                        SOLD GEAR TO = Chrisjd, cauberallies, Lord Toneking, motorock, boomerweps, jbank, jwu, and you could be next</div>

Comment

Ignore the stigma of darwinism and creationism. Just a simple question.
                          GHow much room is there to descend? Are we all crustacians now? Or protozoa?
                          <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="mailto:tlbonehead@yahoo.com">tlbonehead@yaho o.com</a><br />
                          <a href="http://www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy" target="_blank">www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy</a><br />
                          -For Sale: <br />
                          -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US<br />
                          -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.<br />
                          - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping<br />
                          - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds &amp; looks good. $250 + shipping. <b>SOLD</b><br />
                          - Crate Palomino V8 - 10&quot; Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)</div>

Comment

Yes... to me, it couldn't be more obvious that animals all descended from some other life form, we're all made of the same damn cells, and share the same basic anatomy.

Comment

Originally posted by tlbonehead
                              GHow much room is there to descend? Are we all crustacians now? Or protozoa?

I take it you voted NO.

Comment

Working...
                              X