Mogami 3082 speaker cable - guitar amp safe?

saxamafone

• Members

i asked the dealer if it can be used between a valve guitar amp and a speaker cab and i got this: -

"This Mogami 3082 speaker cable is of studio quality so easily capable of handling valve amps to a true audiophile standard.

It has better sound quality than quad speaker cable even!.

It is also one of the most economical Mogami speaker cables and quite popular with professionals."

they seem to be ok but i just want to make sure.. i can use this between my head and cab

don't want to blow up anything :)

• Members

Mogami is a very good brand of cable, you shouldn't have any problems.

Don't expect any kind of improvement in tone, though...despite what you'll read in ads, speaker cable is speaker cable, for the most part. Heck, you could take a power cord from a lamp and shoehorn two 1/4" plugs on it and it would work fine. Just make sure you get something good and sturdy with good connectors and you're set.

• Members

Originally posted by Osmosis

Mogami is a very good brand of cable, you shouldn't have any problems.

Don't expect any kind of improvement in tone, though...despite what you'll read in ads, speaker cable is speaker cable, for the most part. Heck, you could take a power cord from a lamp and shoehorn two 1/4" plugs on it and it would work fine. Just make sure you get something good and sturdy with good connectors and you're set.

so all speaker cables with 1/4 plugs can handle valve amps?

• Members

Originally posted by saxamafone

Depends on the length and gauge, but yes, anything 16 gauge or thicker (smaller number) less than 30 or 40 feet long should be fine.

• Members

Originally posted by saxamafone

The applications guitar players use speaker cables for are not even close to as demanding as live sound. You're talking probably 100watts with a run of just a few feet, as opposed to thousands of watts over dozens of feet...this is cake for any properly made cable. You could even get away with less than 16 gauge and not have any problems (although I feel more comfortable with a bit thicker cable).

All in all, guitar amp/cab duty is probably one of the least demanding situations as far as speaker cables go. You won't have any problems with the mogami cable.

• Members

Originally posted by Osmosis

The applications guitar players use speaker cables for are not even close to as demanding as live sound. You're talking probably 100watts with a run of just a few feet, as opposed to thousands of watts over dozens of feet...this is cake for any properly made cable. You could even get away with less than 16 gauge and not have any problems (although I feel more comfortable with a bit thicker cable).

All in all, guitar amp/cab duty is probably one of the least demanding situations as far as speaker cables go. You won't have any problems with the mogami cable.

awesome, thanks heaps for that

i had no idea:)

Archived