I love my amp but

SkyhighRocks

• Members
Originally posted by SkyhighRocks

I've been wanting to try different amps alot lately...even though I love my DSL. Amps that interest me besides the Herbert( way too pricey for an amp) are Mesa rectos and Mark IVs. What do you guys do when this happens?

How about a Mesa Studio Preamp? They're around $400 used and will give you Blackface cleans and Mark IIC+ heavy tones. Since you already have a rack, you can run the pre into your DSL's FX return.

• Members

Originally posted by hal9000

How about a Mesa Studio Preamp? They're around $400 used and will give you Blackface cleans and Mark IIC+ heavy tones. Since you already have a rack, you can run the pre into your DSL's FX return.

would I be able to use both amps and switch between them with my midi board?

• Members

Originally posted by SkyhighRocks

would I be able to use both amps and switch between them with my midi board?

You'd need an A/B at minimum or a MIDI switched router if you really wanted to have a fully integrate setup. The Axess GRX4 will do what you need. You could even through a couple of stomps in a rack drawer with the GRX4.

I know this looks crazy, but once it's connected, you leave it alone. Just replace the modeler with the Studio Pre.

hal9000GRX4G-MajorModelerRig.jpg

• Members

i just got my DSL50 head yesterday :love:

one of the best sounding amps ive played, sounds like a jcm900 with all the low end of a mesa recto. but it is a one trick pony, so once i get an AB box ill use my deville for some lighter distortion stuff. im not a fan of the Crunch channel on the DSL.

i think the only amp that could kill the dsl for me is a bogner uberschall:love:

Archived