X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laney LC50 vs. LC50 II

Any differences in these models?

Thanks,
    Jerry
    "You won't like me when I'm angry because I back up my rage with facts and documented sources" ~ The Credible Hulk

Ahhh ... found the post.

As I may have mentioned in the PMs, it's essentially 6L6s vs. EL34s. Which roughly translates into a different 'flavor' of Drive channel and a deeper clean on the 6L6. Either is awesome though. Everything else, according to the schematic I have, is exactly the same. Speaker, too.
    Member of the Ceriatone Club
    Member of the Laney Posse
    Member of the OFFICIAL Bad Monkey (x2) Club

Two G&L USA Legacys with Duncan humbuckers in the bridge --> DigiTech DigiDelay/Dano PB&J Delay --> ToneJamFx Spank'd Monkey --> Loveraft MojoDrive --> Morley Power Wah --> Ceriatone DC30 with a matching 2x12 Vintage 30 cab and Laney LC-50 combo with JJs and an Emi Stonehenge

Comment

Very cool. The one I'm looking at is an LC50 with 6L6s.

BTW, on an off chance I emailed Paul Gilbert asking him what combos he is using in all of the vids we've been seeing on the net. He actually emailed me back. He said it's the LC50 and the dirty channel is the same as his GH100L.

We're like best buds now. I'm gonna see if the family and I can stay at his place on our next vacation.
      "You won't like me when I'm angry because I back up my rage with facts and documented sources" ~ The Credible Hulk

Comment

LMAO!

Yep ... the circuitry is eggzackery the same. And they are both awesome. Also, the LC-50 1x12" is literally the loudest combo amplifier I have ever played, and I've been gigging (not just playing) for 25 years. So I can't, for the life of me, understand what someone would do with a GH100 full stack? Kill small mammals? Kill large mammals? Kill Chuck Norris?

Two G&L USA Legacys with Duncan humbuckers in the bridge --> DigiTech DigiDelay/Dano PB&J Delay --> ToneJamFx Spank'd Monkey --> Loveraft MojoDrive --> Morley Power Wah --> Ceriatone DC30 with a matching 2x12 Vintage 30 cab and Laney LC-50 combo with JJs and an Emi Stonehenge

Comment

Kill Chuck Norris?

Dude, he heard that.

It's been nice knowing you.

Comment

(running) "AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
            X