Bassman clips and opinions please.

CameltoeCurtis

• Members

Lately I've been looking at the 59 Bassman reissue as a possible primary gigging amp. I'm in a cover band playing mostly classic rock and blues. Currently playing through a Classic 30 pushing the clean channel with a TS9 and ToneBone Trimode. Anybody got an opinion on this one? Clips maybe?

• Members

I think I'd rather have the Classic 30 with a boost.

I'm not a big fan of any combo that doesn't have at least one 12" speaker. The Bassman does look pretty cool though. And, it's not too heavy. Easy to throw around for a gig.

If you've got your heart set on a Fender they're pretty nice. Have you checked out the Silverface Bassman heads? You could get a separate cab, and probably save some money. They rock.

• Members

Originally posted by phydeaux99

Lately I've been looking at the 59 Bassman reissue as a possible primary gigging amp. I'm in a cover band playing mostly classic rock and blues. Currently playing through a Classic 30 pushing the clean channel with a TS9 and ToneBone Trimode. Anybody got an opinion on this one? Clips maybe?

This isn't exactly a clip of a 59' Bassman RI

but it's based on the Tweed Bassman tone.This is mky 67' BF Allen modded Bassman. Here's sound clips on my son's soundclick page.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=453803

Archived