OT: Two Free Days of Howard Stern

BerkleeBill

• Members

If you haven't heard the Stern show since the move to Satellite, here's your chance! Oct 25-26 will feature two free days of Stern via Sirius Online. From what I've heard, Howard has some good stuff lined up for those two days, including the Gary "ba ba booey" roast.

Here's the link:

http://www.sirius.com/wo/Howard/freetrial.html

:thu:

• Members

Here is my stance on Sirius and Stern...

I have been a fan since I was 13, thats ten solid years. I got a radio about a month before Stern went to Sirius.

The connection can really suck bad sometimes, cutting out one second, and then coming back...and doing that for 30 minutes staight. The quality of everything sounds like a crappy mp3, too much bass, no clearity...pretty {censored}ty overall. And you will never hear about these problems on air obviously. Everyone on the Stern show tries to talk about the radios and connection like they are perfect, but they are not at all.

I know the only reason they waited so long to get the online streaming working was because they wanted to sell more radios, and that is {censored}ing slimey and a very {censored}ty thing to do.

And last but not least, the free streaming radio is low quality, you can pay a few bucks more a month to get slightly higher quality (total {censored}ing rip-off) and it still sounds pretty {censored}ty...

So, buyer be warned... I still listen, but I listen to the streaming internet feed, not the "upraded" :rolleyes: version.

• Members

Dude, they didn't stream Howard immediately because the influx of peole would have crashed the site. You're trying to make it some conspiracy or something, which it's not.

That said, Howard on sirius is AMAZING. it's great great radio. On top of Howard 100 and 101, there are a ton of great music stations that play awesome music. I haven't listened to normal radio in over a year!

The streaming inernet radio is kinda buggy though. Meh, it is what it is.

• Members

Originally posted by code_blue

I have been a fan since I was 13, thats ten solid years. I got a radio about a month before Stern went to Sirius.

The connection can really suck bad sometimes, cutting out one second, and then coming back...and doing that for 30 minutes staight. The quality of everything sounds like a crappy mp3, too much bass, no clearity...pretty {censored}ty overall. And you will never hear about these problems on air obviously. Everyone on the Stern show tries to talk about the radios and connection like they are perfect, but they are not at all.

I know the only reason they waited so long to get the online streaming working was because they wanted to sell more radios, and that is {censored}ing slimey and a very {censored}ty thing to do.

And last but not least, the free streaming radio is low quality, you can pay a few bucks more a month to get slightly higher quality (total {censored}ing rip-off) and it still sounds pretty {censored}ty...

So, buyer be warned... I still listen, but I listen to the streaming internet feed, not the "upraded"
:rolleyes:
version.

you should try the stiletto, i heard it's quite cool.

• Members

Originally posted by facefirst

Dude, they didn't stream Howard immediately because the influx of peole would have crashed the site. You're trying to make it some conspiracy or something, which it's not.

They should have been ready before Stern was even on Sirius.

They had like what, over a year (from the point they knew stern was gonna be there?)

Sorry, but that {censored} was planned.

• Members

Originally posted by code_blue

So, buyer be warned... I still listen, but I listen to the streaming internet feed, not the "upraded"
:rolleyes:
version.

My reception has been excellent and sound quality is decent.

Not sure why you are having problems, there aren't nearly as many trees in FL as they are in MD!

• Members

Originally posted by johnpace2

My reception has been excellent and sound quality is decent.

Not sure why you are having problems, there aren't nearly as many trees in FL as they are in MD!

at home my reception is close to perfect. it rarely ever drops out. actually, it's better than my FM reception.

in my truck i have ocasional dropouts when driving which is pretty normal. every vehicle i have been in with SIRIUS does the same thing. it's not perfect but even FM signals can cut out.

• Members

Originally posted by CARRguitar

in my truck i have ocasional dropouts when driving which is pretty normal. every vehicle i have been in with SIRIUS does the same thing. it's not perfect but even FM signals can cut out.

Soon to be alleviated by the addl. satellites they're adding to the Sirius signal.

Drop outs on Stern don't bug me as much as when they're a cool song on Hair Nation or some ass rippin metal mayhem on Hard Attack. Then I get annoyed.

• Members

Who cares. Howerd Stern is an ass and is soooo over it`s not funny.

Mancow was the next big thing, but he was an ass too and is also over. Shock jocks in general are dumb as hell and only stupid people who never grow up like them. Sorry if I offend anyone, but that`s the truth as I see it.

Eric

• Members

Originally posted by BAZGUITARMAN

Who cares. Howerd Stern is an ass and is soooo over it`s not funny.

Mancow was the next big thing, but he was an ass too and is also over. Shock jocks in general are dumb as hell and only stupid people who never grow up like them. Sorry if I offend anyone, but that`s the truth as I see it.

Eric

Are you Eric the Midget???

• Members

Originally posted by BerkleeBill

p.s. -- the ba ba booey roast is going to feature Jackie the Jokeman. That should be pretty f'ing funny if you ask me.

I met Jackie a couple years ago... I got a picture with him. I'll dig it up, it's pretty funny.

• Members

I first heard Howard when he made his debut on WNBC AM radio in NYC. That was like 20 years ago.

I listeneed to him till his departure to Serius. He really started to suck towards the end and I would never pay for radio.

He missed the mark. Most people will not pay for radio like they do for TV.

Personally I could care less what lesbian or dumb ass he is making fun of these days. I would never pay for that.

Stern oversetimated his influence. For free???? OK!!!!!!

Pay for it? Not many.

Archived