Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Two Free Days of Howard Stern

If you haven't heard the Stern show since the move to Satellite, here's your chance! Oct 25-26 will feature two free days of Stern via Sirius Online. From what I've heard, Howard has some good stuff lined up for those two days, including the Gary "ba ba booey" roast.

Here's the link:
    http://www.sirius.com/wo/Howard/freetrial.html

2nd Prize! Three free days of Howard Stern!
    Digital Shmigital

Comment

thanks for the link. I will definitely check out Howard October 25 and 26
      GuitarsWolfgang Standard, Edwards E-LP-85CD, Wolf 540TM Amps Bogner XTC 101B, Blackstar HT5-H, Marshall 1960A, Marshall 1960B 'custom' EffectsG Major, Bad Horsie, DMC Ground Control
      Web Site
      http://www.baconlips.com

Comment

Here is my stance on Sirius and Stern...

I have been a fan since I was 13, thats ten solid years. I got a radio about a month before Stern went to Sirius.

The connection can really suck bad sometimes, cutting out one second, and then coming back...and doing that for 30 minutes staight. The quality of everything sounds like a crappy mp3, too much bass, no clearity...pretty ****************ty overall. And you will never hear about these problems on air obviously. Everyone on the Stern show tries to talk about the radios and connection like they are perfect, but they are not at all.

I know the only reason they waited so long to get the online streaming working was because they wanted to sell more radios, and that is ****************ing slimey and a very ****************ty thing to do.

And last but not least, the free streaming radio is low quality, you can pay a few bucks more a month to get slightly higher quality (total ****************ing rip-off) and it still sounds pretty ****************ty...

So, buyer be warned... I still listen, but I listen to the streaming internet feed, not the "upraded" version.
        Grind = Emotion

Originally Posted by Johnny Z

To all you dopers who didn't like my post, party up fools. And take your chances with the law. Hope you all go to jail.

Originally Posted by ¤ EnglMatt ¤

No wonder you Americans are all fat.

Originally Posted by senor-penguin

I ****************ing hate hardcore kids

Comment

Dude, they didn't stream Howard immediately because the influx of peole would have crashed the site. You're trying to make it some conspiracy or something, which it's not.

That said, Howard on sirius is AMAZING. it's great great radio. On top of Howard 100 and 101, there are a ton of great music stations that play awesome music. I haven't listened to normal radio in over a year!

The streaming inernet radio is kinda buggy though. Meh, it is what it is.
          My References

PMing me about who is in my avatar is creepy, so don't. Don't ask tommythelurker either because he'll PM the mods.

Comment

Originally posted by code_blue

I have been a fan since I was 13, thats ten solid years. I got a radio about a month before Stern went to Sirius.

The connection can really suck bad sometimes, cutting out one second, and then coming back...and doing that for 30 minutes staight. The quality of everything sounds like a crappy mp3, too much bass, no clearity...pretty ****************ty overall. And you will never hear about these problems on air obviously. Everyone on the Stern show tries to talk about the radios and connection like they are perfect, but they are not at all.

I know the only reason they waited so long to get the online streaming working was because they wanted to sell more radios, and that is ****************ing slimey and a very ****************ty thing to do.

And last but not least, the free streaming radio is low quality, you can pay a few bucks more a month to get slightly higher quality (total ****************ing rip-off) and it still sounds pretty ****************ty...

So, buyer be warned... I still listen, but I listen to the streaming internet feed, not the "upraded" version.

you should try the stiletto, i heard it's quite cool.

Comment

Originally posted by 30secs

you should try the stiletto, i heard it's quite cool.

You mean that over priced cell phone/Mp3 player?
              Grind = Emotion

To all you dopers who didn't like my post, party up fools. And take your chances with the law. Hope you all go to jail.

Comment

Originally posted by facefirst
                Dude, they didn't stream Howard immediately because the influx of peole would have crashed the site. You're trying to make it some conspiracy or something, which it's not.

They should have been ready before Stern was even on Sirius.

They had like what, over a year (from the point they knew stern was gonna be there?)

Sorry, but that **************** was planned.
                Grind = Emotion

Comment

you sure you're not part of the o&a pest?

Comment

I have never even heard their show.
                    Grind = Emotion

Comment

Originally posted by code_blue

My reception has been excellent and sound quality is decent.

Not sure why you are having problems, there aren't nearly as many trees in FL as they are in MD!
                      Gear:
                      Cameron, EVH, Marshall, Peavey, Gibson

Good Transactions with: Rog351, ChrisdFlip, DeathMonkey, Charveldan, Uncleshish, TheAmazingblob, Echoes

Comment

Originally posted by johnpace2

My reception has been excellent and sound quality is decent.

Not sure why you are having problems, there aren't nearly as many trees in FL as they are in MD!

at home my reception is close to perfect. it rarely ever drops out. actually, it's better than my FM reception.

in my truck i have ocasional dropouts when driving which is pretty normal. every vehicle i have been in with SIRIUS does the same thing. it's not perfect but even FM signals can cut out.

Comment

The pests have better things to do ...
                          " "Best toan in teh land" - champion

Good Buyers/Sellers :Mikenothing , SirKonks,Dimebag11 x2,Dropped_2_c,Boris the Blade,thefyn,MrSandman,Gabe15,GuidanceOfSin,shane1 59 X2,Mparsons,rabott13,warplangrey,iamthearm, SkyHighRocks,RobotBodiesBFF,Tu Be x2,IanDOL,Fridgit,Jim Ansell ,GutterMouth,LionHeaRT07 ,Zao X2,m3at,Bluesman001,Khoifish321,thinkpad20,vangkm, juice,phatgirl,Trembulant,knope , Knucklefux, pfapin,rareguitar,donsimon76, again with this, Jerry Dyer, eagertokill,rugbyguitargod

Comment

Originally posted by CARRguitar
                            in my truck i have ocasional dropouts when driving which is pretty normal. every vehicle i have been in with SIRIUS does the same thing. it's not perfect but even FM signals can cut out.
                            Soon to be alleviated by the addl. satellites they're adding to the Sirius signal.

Drop outs on Stern don't bug me as much as when they're a cool song on Hair Nation or some ass rippin metal mayhem on Hard Attack. Then I get annoyed.

Comment

p.s. -- the ba ba booey roast is going to feature Jackie the Jokeman. That should be pretty f'ing funny if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
                              X