Who is John Ou?

Cougar Hunter

• Members

Originally posted by guitarslinger

did he get thrown out of here or something?
:confused:

Guy with some very nice gear. Don't know about him getting thrown outta here, but if he's not around, it's probably because there are so many young kids here who are trolls that he just frequents another forum.

• Members

Originally posted by Zachman

Guy with some very nice gear. Don't know about him getting thrown outta here, but if he's not around, it's probably because there are so many young kids here who are trolls that he just frequents another forum.

Okay,

he's always at hugeracksinc. I thought I saw his name show up in a list of unliked HCAF members.

He got pissed about someone's rotflcoptor video that showed people getting shot with the omg gun and the wtf bombs.

I thought it was fucking hillarious.:confused:

• Members

John Ou was a guy who responded to virtually every post on HC back in the late '90's. He was regarded by most as a know-it-all who was a sycophant for Anderson guitars and Mesa Tremoverb's. He never ceased praising the virtues of his Anderson Cobra - all other guitars were crap in comparison. He was widely disliked by most on the forum - but he virtually owned it nonetheless - because he posted non-stop, on every topic. Eventually he got into a pissing contest with a bedroom player named Carl Fiadino (CarlF was one of his monikers). It went on for months, during which time John Ou graduated from college and went on to pursue his MBA, which he never tired of trumpeting to the rest of the forum. Not sure what happened to Carl, but John is still a regular on the BigRigs forum.

He was so hated that at one point someone set up a website dedicated to denigrating him that was dubbed racist by some (John Ou is Asian, and the website in question leveraged that in some of its "humor").

Guys who were around in those days who have preserved their monikers here include Shovelhead (who occasionally posts here), and Terry Allen Hall (who often posts on AG and who regularly mixed it up with JO). It must be said that Splawny and his ilk have nothing on John Ou. He was one of a kind. No one I've seen here since has equaled him in terms of ability to irritate, arrogance, and plain all-around obnoxiousness. ;) Splawny does come close, though. Other competitors are mere evanescence - they're banned before they have any impact.

• Members

Originally posted by DonK

John Ou was a guy who responded to virtually every post on HC back in the late '90's. He was regarded by most as a know-it-all who was a sycophant for Anderson guitars and Mesa Tremoverb's. He never ceased praising the virtues of his Anderson Cobra - all other guitars were crap in comparison. He was widely disliked by most on the forum - but he virtually owned it nonetheless - because he posted non-stop, on every topic. Eventually he got into a pissing contest with a bedroom player named Carl Fiadino (CarlF was one of his monikers). It went on for months, during which time John Ou graduated from college and went on to pursue his MBA, which he never tired of trumpeting to the rest of the forum. Not sure what happened to Carl, but John is still a regular on the BigRigs forum.

He was so hated that at one point someone set up a website dedicated to denigrating him that was dubbed racist by some (John Ou is Asian, and the website in question leveraged that in some of its "humor").

Guys who were around in those days who have preserved their monikers here include Shovelhead (who occasionally posts here), and Terry Allen Hall (who often posts on AG and who regularly mixed it up with JO). It must be said that Splawny and his ilk have nothing on John Ou. He was one of a kind. No one I've seen here since has equaled him in terms of ability to irritate, arrogance, and plain all-around obnoxiousness.
;)
Splawny does come close, though. Other competitors are mere evanescence - they're banned before they have any impact.

You forgot me. BTW Ou's biggest problem is a worn out rotator cup. It's a repetitive stress injury from patting himself on the back too frequently. :p Always bragged about his gear, money, car, intelligence, degree, yada, yada, yada... Like it means shit on a board with a bunch of guys talking gear.

He's also a werecock, sometimes a seemingly nice normal guy, but when he pms's he turns into a real dick.

• Members

Guys who were around in those days who have preserved their monikers here include Shovelhead (who occasionally posts here), and Terry Allen Hall (who often posts on AG and who regularly mixed it up with JO). It must be said that Splawny and his ilk have nothing on John Ou. He was one of a kind. No one I've seen here since has equaled him in terms of ability to irritate, arrogance, and plain all-around obnoxiousness.
;)
Splawny does come close, though. Other competitors are mere evanescence - they're banned before they have any impact.

Carl is on Rig Talk and played out heavy in the 80s, he is far from a bedroom warrior.

Go check his clips out, dude knows what he is doing.

• Members

John Ou is a moron. Whatever guitar he's playing is the best and all others are garbage and you're an idiot for playing it. He's moved on from Anderson to Suhr to Tyler. He posts at Huge Racks now and nothing about him has changed. DonK is right. He replies to every thread whether he has anything substantial to say or not. He brags about his money and job and he virtually knows everything there is to know about any given topic at any given time. Just go over to Huge Racks and call him a fat chinese guy. He'll blow a gasket. He's easy to find, too. Just click on any thread and you'll see his name somewhere.

• Members

He rolled in here a few months ago and posted 300 pix of his new setup - made SteveVHT's basement pic look like the inside of an LA Pawn shop after the Rodney King riots. Then he realized that no one gave a rats ass, and he left.

Is CarlF the same Carl of banned for trolling and being a douchebag fame? Cuz if so, his lame ass retread Yngwie licks were too buried in delay, chorus, and 'verb for me to make anything out of use. The world would be a better place if he WAS a bedroom warrior. Might not be the same guy, though.

• Members

He was a decent fellow. Asian dude. Real big into the Mesa stuff.

He helped me out a number of times and had some pretty good chops. I remember him being pretty lethal with his Trem-O-Verb/Anderson setup.

I sorta miss him. He actually knew what he was talking about.

-SOMMS

• Members

Originally posted by jsmineer

Just go over to Huge Racks and call him a fat chinese guy. He'll blow a gasket. He's easy to find, too. Just click on any thread and you'll see his name somewhere.

Someone please do this, I could use some entertainment - and this usually gets very entertaining.

• Members

;)

I still remember John's introductory post on the old forum...

You forgot to mention that John would constantly correct peoples spelling and grammar... :D

• Members

Some of the comments made to Ou were more than borderline racist, imo. But those were my observations.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

;)

Quoted for relevance to the "butthurt" thread. :lol:

Archived