An Update to the Theft

Slim Jim

• Members

So, about a month ago I had my Bogner Ecstasy stolen.

The cops have since closed the case.

They have also not sent the police report back to me yet so I can make a claim.

I've been patiently waiting for it.

There's someone who is going around bragging about doing it.

But he was already questioned by the cops.

They cleared him.

There was a red van see parked outside my studio that night.

Turns out one of his friends have a red van.

Coincidence?

I would love to take a tire iron to his face, but I'm not.

I can't.

I'm not going to jail for this scum.

Is there any other suggestions as to what to do here beside being all "macho" and beating him and his friends up?

I mean he's {censored}ing bragging and the red van.

What can I do?

• Members

steal it back. still got your warranty card, or any pictures that are proof that you owned/own it?

tell the police that your other guitarist had packed it up my accident, just returned back into town with your amp in his trunk, completely oblivious that you were freaking out and called the cops?

{censored} that kid, by the way.

• Members

I say this with all sincerity.....move on. There's not a whole lot you can do, unless you really want to kick the guy's ass, in which case you might end up worse off than you are now.

You'll get another amp and hopefully write a song about this douchebag. Hopefully, it'll go platinum and when you're doing interviews in magazines and on TV, you can thank the dude for inspiring your success, meanwhile, he'll still be stealing and selling is ass for crack. :D Now that's justice.

• Members

Originally posted by Detonator

I'm for taking it back via B&E. Whats he gona do tell the cops his Bogy was stolen? Just plan it out well before you do it.

Some of these ideas sound good in a way, but I'm not sure they are. The guy likely doesn't even have the amp anymore; it could be anywhere by now.

Sorry to hear about the amp situation. That really sucks.

• Members
Originally posted by Shuma Gorath

I think a brick through the windshield of the red van will make you feel better.

:thu:

Actually...
That doesn't sound too bad.
They can't trace {censored} like that.

What's sugar in a gas tank do?
Or bleach?

• Members

Find out where he lives, wait till he comes out to his gay red van(which you have already slit all the tires) , attack him with a tire iron . Once he's down after the first 2 blows, MAKE him tell you where the amp is. If he wont say, destroy his kneecap .
Make SURE you are wearing a ski mask and gloves. This is what I would do, but, feel free to wait on the police to do nothing.

I think we need WAY more Soprano style justice in this limp wristed country . :mad:

• Members

Originally posted by Tonemeister87

I'm currently in the process of getting scammed by a fellow HC'er so I know what its like.... more on that later. I will publically out this guy in the effects forum tomorrow.

{censored} dude, that sucks... I'll keep my eye out for it. It sucks not having a search engine.

Originally posted by sg love

and it's crazy how similiar our situations are. I have already told you what happened, but apparently lately the dude's little brother has been strung out for a while and been talkin about all the places he and his brother robbed.

Mine being one of them.

How can you brag about that?!

I hope you get your situation worked out well. I'm rooting for you man.

• Members
Originally posted by 496dart

Find out where he lives, wait till he comes out to his gay red van(which you have already slit all the tires) , attack him with a tire iron . Once he's down after the first 2 blows, MAKE him tell you where the amp is. If he wont say, destroy his kneecap .

Make SURE you are wearing a ski mask and gloves. This is what I would do, but, feel free to wait on the police to do nothing.

I think we need WAY more Soprano style justice in this limp wristed country .
:mad:

With my luck, I'd be the only one doing any time if I tried this. It's got "bad" written all over it. You should be able to figure something out.

• Members

Three ways of dealing with this!

First, claim on your insurance, they'll send you a new amp, you get on with your life, everyone's a winner!

Second, beat this guy's ass from here to timbuktoo

Third... find his girly, GBH her and then A2M her! Then you can brag about that!

Seriously though. I've had a bunch of stuff nicked off me. The last was a 6505 head I owned for about a week that got nicked after a rehearsal!

I claimed my insurance and they sent me a coupla quid for it.

Later on I found out who it was. I had the money for the amp anyways, so technically it was the insurance's property now. So I thought the best thing to do, since he was laughing with his friends and {censored}, I decked him right in front of his Mom and Sister and made no bones about why. The Mom's face just destroy when she found out her son was a dirty little thief!

Apparently, she made him go into the police station with the amp and make a confession to scare the {censored} out of him. Apparently the insurance pressed charges and got

• Members

I'm gonna claim the insurance.

I'm just waiting on the police report

That's the smart thing to do. Anyone here saying otherwise is either 12 years old or just an internet tough guy. "Sopranos Justice":rolleyes: Give me a break, how can you be a grown man and say something so puerile + dense?

• Members
Originally posted by exafro

That's the smart thing to do. Anyone here saying otherwise is either 12 years old or just an internet tough guy. "Sopranos Justice":rolleyes: Give me a break, how can you be a grown man and say something so puerile + dense?

Stating exactly what i would do douchebag. You sound like the type to bow your head, kick the dirt, and say "gosh, i wish i had my amp back. Good luck. :freak:

• Members

pacifist hippy. I guess you're the type to let someone rape your daughter then, "oh well, that's life."

:D

• Members

Yes , some things in life call for an ass kicking .

+1 on the " You're a hippy" thing

• Members

Originally posted by Coustfan'01

Yes , some things in life call for an ass kicking .

+1 on the " You're a hippy" thing

Having an amp stolen isn't one of them. He is getting insurance money for it, so he is basically no worse off than when he started. There is a difference between picking your battles and being a pacifist. This is the time where you do the smart thing and chalk it up to a life lesson.

• Members

So, about a month ago I had my Bogner Ecstasy stolen.

The cops have since closed the case.

They have also not sent the police report back to me yet so I can make a claim.

I've been patiently waiting for it.

But he was already questioned by the cops.

They cleared him.

There was a red van see parked outside my studio that night.

Turns out one of his friends have a red van.

Coincidence?

I would love to take a tire iron to his face, but I'm not.

I can't.

I'm not going to jail for this scum.

Is there any other suggestions as to what to do here beside being all "macho" and beating him and his friends up?

I mean he's {censored}ing bragging and the red van.

What can I do?

not to poke fun but this kind of reads like a poem.

• Members

Having an amp stolen isn't one of them. He is getting insurance money for it, so he is basically no worse off than when he started. There is a difference between picking your battles and being a pacifist. This is the time where you do the smart thing and chalk it up to a life lesson.

I thought that if you report a theft through insurance (say home owners or renters) they drop you, or insanely jack up your rates? If that were the case I would be livid.

Archived