Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark Cameron Mod Amps: Who Still Has 'em?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse







X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mark Cameron Mod Amps: Who Still Has 'em?

    I would like to see how many of you on this forum have or had these amps. Maybe I'm just curious, and maybe I'm a sick **************** just wanting to be entertained until my latest amp project he has comes back!

    I have three of Mark's modded amps and I dig them all. He has an '81 Marshall 2203 w/6550s of mine right now and is doing the High Gain "Jose" mod in a two channel configuration and I'm waiting........................................... ........................ Hi Mark! Where's my %$#*&%$# amp?

    Just kidding... I have dealt with him before and know to be patient otherwise go insane with anticipation! I have two Marshalls and a 100 watt Carlsbro 100 Top that screams! Too bad the 100 Top is a one trick pony.... single channel, no effects loop, etc... It still sings like a bitch when it's cranked up. I almost bought a Sovtek MIG 100U to have it modded buy Mark.... My eBay account is gettin' me in trouble!

    I better lay of the tequila tonight.......
    <div class="signaturecontainer">When you think you're playing too loud, you probably are...but so what?&quot;</div>

  • #2
    I've got three:

    JCM800 50 watt - Jose High Gain mod
    1959 SLP RI - Doug Aldrich mod
    Sovtek Mig 100 - Ocean mod

    I wish I had never sold that Carlsbro.....
    <div class="signaturecontainer">The artist formerly known as daver101<br />
    <br />
    SPAM: (all prices w/in the US)...<br />
    add 3% if using paypal!<br />
    Fender Highway SSS Honey Blonde Strat - $600<br />
    Greco Les Paul Cherry Sunburst - $450<br />
    Epiphone Les Paul Elitist Tobacco Sunburst - $675<br />
    Keeley Modded TS-9 Baked Mod - $110<br />
    Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive - $100<br />
    Scott's Crispy Cream Standard (original) - $120<br />
    Axe Trax Isolation Cab (original ver) - $300<br />
    Digitech Expression Factory - $165<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    </div>

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by daver102
      I've got three:

      JCM800 50 watt - Jose High Gain mod
      1959 SLP RI - Doug Aldrich mod
      Sovtek Mig 100 - Ocean mod

      I wish I had never sold that Carlsbro.....
      Hey, Daver.... All I can say is: Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! No, really, that Carlsbro's an awesome amp. Anytime I just wanna plug and play, that's my bitch. Now listen to this: 10 minutes after I posted the "Post", Mark C. called me to say my amp will be ready to go in a few weeks. He said he's been very busy with a "new project" that sounds very interesting, indeed! I was glad to hear from him tonight!

      Daver, what's that "Ocean" mod like?
      <div class="signaturecontainer">When you think you're playing too loud, you probably are...but so what?&quot;</div>

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by tubebury/KT88
        Hey, Daver.... All I can say is: Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! No, really, that Carlsbro's an awesome amp. Anytime I just wanna plug and play, that's my bitch. Now listen to this: 10 minutes after I posted the "Post", Mark C. called me to say my amp will be ready to go in a few weeks. He said he's been very busy with a "new project" that sounds very interesting, indeed! I was glad to hear from him tonight!

        Daver, what's that "Ocean" mod like?


        A lot of gain, but very smooth too. Nice amp!
        <div class="signaturecontainer">The artist formerly known as daver101<br />
        <br />
        SPAM: (all prices w/in the US)...<br />
        add 3% if using paypal!<br />
        Fender Highway SSS Honey Blonde Strat - $600<br />
        Greco Les Paul Cherry Sunburst - $450<br />
        Epiphone Les Paul Elitist Tobacco Sunburst - $675<br />
        Keeley Modded TS-9 Baked Mod - $110<br />
        Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive - $100<br />
        Scott's Crispy Cream Standard (original) - $120<br />
        Axe Trax Isolation Cab (original ver) - $300<br />
        Digitech Expression Factory - $165<br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />
        </div>

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by daver102
          A lot of gain, but very smooth too. Nice amp!
          Daver, do you have any clips?
          <div class="signaturecontainer">When you think you're playing too loud, you probably are...but so what?&quot;</div>

          Comment


          • #6
            Another Cameron addict here. If all goes as planned, I'll have another one sent out to him within the next few days. I sold my 2203 that was a high gain jose and I miss it dearly. I'm still trying to decide what to go for with this one though. What do you guys think? Jose, Aldrich, or something new?

            Tyler
            <div class="signaturecontainer">Clips:<br />
            <a href="http://music.mp3lizard.com/twpietz37/" target="_blank">http://music.mp3lizard.com/twpietz37/</a><br />
            </div>

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TWPietz37
              Another Cameron addict here. If all goes as planned, I'll have another one sent out to him within the next few days. I sold my 2203 that was a high gain jose and I miss it dearly. I'm still trying to decide what to go for with this one though. What do you guys think? Jose, Aldrich, or something new?

              Tyler
              LOL! You are as bad as I am with the amp-thing! Total "seller's-remorse"! If you had the High Gain Jose before and sold it, maybe try something else. I have not heard the Aldrich or Ocean mods in person, so I can't advise. I'm getting a two-channel 2203 High Gain Jose mod...... Super-
              <div class="signaturecontainer">When you think you're playing too loud, you probably are...but so what?&quot;</div>

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by tubebury/KT88
                LOL! You are as bad as I am with the amp-thing! Total "seller's-remorse"! If you had the High Gain Jose before and sold it, maybe try something else. I have not heard the Aldrich or Ocean mods in person, so I can't advise. I'm getting a two-channel 2203 High Gain Jose mod...... Super-


                Haha... lucky bastard! I want them all, but I just can't seem to decide which. I need my very own supply of NOS Mig 100's so that I can get one in each flavor.

                Tyler
                <div class="signaturecontainer">Clips:<br />
                <a href="http://music.mp3lizard.com/twpietz37/" target="_blank">http://music.mp3lizard.com/twpietz37/</a><br />
                </div>

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TWPietz37
                  Haha... lucky bastard! I want them all, but I just can't seem to decide which. I need my very own supply of NOS Mig 100's so that I can get one in each flavor.

                  Tyler
                  I thought about doing the same a while ago.... Mark seems to think they're a good alternative to Marshalls... Now THEY are going for big CA$H on Evil-bay these days.... Is nothing sacred?

                  I need to settle down to one or two amps and work on..... (gasp) MY PLAYING!
                  <div class="signaturecontainer">When you think you're playing too loud, you probably are...but so what?&quot;</div>

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TWPietz37
                    Haha... lucky bastard! I want them all, but I just can't seem to decide which. I need my very own supply of NOS Mig 100's so that I can get one in each flavor.

                    Tyler
                    Hey Tyler, as a PS: That's a killer Cameron clip on your sig that I listened to a long time ago and I remember some whiney-asses complaining about the intro "rolled-off" tone..... F-'em!! That is the Cameron tone nailed!
                    <div class="signaturecontainer">When you think you're playing too loud, you probably are...but so what?&quot;</div>

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by tubebury/KT88
                      Hey Tyler, as a PS: That's a killer Cameron clip on your sig that I listened to a long time ago and I remember some whiney-asses complaining about the intro "rolled-off" tone..... F-'em!! That is the Cameron tone nailed!


                      Thanks for the kind words bro. Hopefully I'll be slingin' axe through a Cameron again before long.

                      Tyler
                      <div class="signaturecontainer">Clips:<br />
                      <a href="http://music.mp3lizard.com/twpietz37/" target="_blank">http://music.mp3lizard.com/twpietz37/</a><br />
                      </div>

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TWPietz37
                        Thanks for the kind words bro. Hopefully I'll be slingin' axe through a Cameron again before long.

                        Tyler
                        10-4! No problem! I wish the friggin' search function was working, since there are a few other great Cameron clips on this forum! I'm now watching for an "affordable" Super Lead to come by to snag so I can have Mark Mod it with a HighGain Jose/two channel mod. Something about those Super Leads... I had (had is the operative word, ****************...) a nice 1973 SLP 100 Low Gain Jose that ripped, but I needed two channels..... wahhhhh... I need to be patient!
                        <div class="signaturecontainer">When you think you're playing too loud, you probably are...but so what?&quot;</div>

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I have a custom Cameron on the way that I got from a member here. It has an added clean channel, a 60s/70s/80s switch, mid shift and deep switches... and a few other things. Y'all ever hear about anything like that from Mark?

                          I don't know what to expect. It's due here tomorrow (today).

                          Drew
                          <div class="signaturecontainer">Carvin DC145C<br />
                          Gibson Vintage Mahogany Les Paul<br />
                          Carvin C980T<br />
                          Marshall JCM 800 2203x (Metro Modded to JMP 2203)<br />
                          Mojo Marshall Straight 4x12 w/ G12-65s<br />
                          Carvin X100B Series IV Combo</div>

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I've got 3 - Tyler's old JMP HG Jose, another 2203 JMP HG Jose, and a JCM 800 2204 with the Aldrich mod. I love them all, and they really sound pretty close to each other. That 2nd HG Jose that I just got recently really has something special going on though.

                            I've been through sooo many amps it's not funny, including 2 other Cameron mods I had previously. These 3 really do it for me though. There's not too much else out there I'm gassin' for anymore....

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X