Peavey Classic 30 VS Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue

jjbasurilla

• Members

I want to buy a new amp for practicing. I don't need high volumes, though I know I could do small gigs with both.

I only play blues and classic rock, so I don't need high gain for metal stuff.

I've seen this two and I'd like to know which one do you prefer. Their high and low points.

If you know other good amps at this price range, let me read your opinions.

Thanks.

• Members

crate v312 or whatever its called....the v series basically.....

IMO its what the classic 30 wishes it was. Less dark, more shimmery cleans, and a more useable distortion. And the boost is actually useable, even if subtle. Its not that middy mess that the classic 30 boost introduces either. That and....it doesnt have that terrible blue marvel speaker.

i'm not a peavey basher, i love them. I was going to buy a classic 30 or classic 50....until i played the crates.

• Members

The Classic 30 is cheaper than the Fender Blues Deluxe and I like it better. The Fender has a slightly better clean, but the Peavey has a nicer distortion channel. Both really bennifit from a speaker change, neither stock speaker is very good.

I have played a crate V-series amp and that was pretty nice, can't remember the model. You can't go wrong if you go with the Crate, I generally dislike Crates too. I am not sure how the stock speaker is on the crate.

• Members

Originally posted by jjbasurilla

I want to buy a new amp for practicing. I don't need high volumes, though I know I could do small gigs with both.

I only play blues and classic rock, so I don't need high gain for metal stuff.

I've seen this two and I'd like to know which one do you prefer. Their high and low points.

If you know other good amps at this price range, let me read your opinions.

Thanks.

The classic is a better amp, but some folks don't know how to run them at their best. Crank the master and keep your post and pres down lower. Running them this way pushes the power tubes more and gets a sweeter overdrive.

• Members

Originally posted by -=Pennywise=-

everytime I hear the brand "Crate" it reminds me of the {censored}ty solidstate amps they made years ago and I tend to shy away from it. Are the V series really that good?

kudos to crate really.

The v series and the powerblock. I was impressed. I want them both.

• Members

I'm sure nearly everyone here already knows my answer, but, anything but the Fender, IMO. The Crate V-series/Palominos would be my first choice in the ultra-easily accessible area, with the C30/Delta Blues right behind. There are a lot of great choices though, if you look used. Is that a consideration?

• Members

The Fender seems to get put down quite a lot.

I haven't tried the Fender nor the Peavey but I've tried the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe with a Celestion V30. Nice cleans and the overdrive takes some tweaking but it's quite nice for blues and classic rock. You'd need a good overdrive for anything more and still sound good. I've been looking at buying one for quite a while. Fender was one of the only amps I've tried lately that had the overdrive I've been looking for excluding the Laney VC range.

I'm struggling to find anywhere with Peavey amps in my area though because the Peavey is another amp that interests me because it's compared to the Fender quite a lot.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Originally posted by GuitarHitman

The Fender seems to get put down quite a lot.

I haven't tried the Fender nor the Peavey but I've tried the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe with a Celestion V30. Nice cleans and the overdrive takes some tweaking but it's quite nice for blues and classic rock. You'd need a good overdrive for anything more and still sound good. I've been looking at buying one for quite a while. Fender was one of the only amps I've tried lately that had the overdrive I've been looking for excluding the Laney VC range.

Hey GuitarHitman,

Buy your stock Hot Rod Deluxe, contact Jim Price of Omega Amps:

http://www.omegaamps.com/mods2.html

Have Jim mod your amp, install high quality input jacks, and mod the reverb. Install an Eminence Cannabis Rex speaker and have a boutique amp killer!!

Guitar George

• Members

Originally posted by Hamer95USA

Hey GuitarHitman,

Buy your stock Hot Rod Deluxe, contact Jim Price of Omega Amps:

Have Jim mod your amp, install high quality input jacks, and mod the reverb. Install an Eminence Cannabis Rex speaker and have a boutique amp killer!!

Guitar George

dude i just saw you promote these omega amps in 3 different threads in a row, what is your deal man? Obviously you are associated with them in some way.

Archived