Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What pickup did george lynch use on the old dokken albums?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What pickup did george lynch use on the old dokken albums?

What pickup did george lynch use on the old dokken albums?was it a seymour duncan distortion?

• bmf5150
    replied
    well since i got the duncan distortion there i no doubt in my mind it is what he used for the old classic songs.it just nails the sound.i love it with my randall mts mr scary module.the screamin demon is getting sold.

Leave a comment:

• bmf5150
    replied
    cool info

Leave a comment:

• JohnRageOn
    replied
    Originally posted by gainfreak
    Duncan distortion and sometimes a JB

On his old Kramer Barettas he used a JB for sure!

Leave a comment:

• bmf5150
    replied
    i have a randall rm4 moduler preamp with the mr scary module.im using a maple guitar with the screamin demon.my ash body with my tom holmes pickup sound better than the screamin demon.i think i will give the distortion a try.

Leave a comment:

• Cougar Hunter
    replied
    screamin' demon is my least favorite 3rd party, USA pickup ever made. (with the Fred a CLOSE second.)

Leave a comment:

• luckett
    replied
    Originally posted by gainfreak
    Duncan distortion and sometimes a JB

Plus his Distortion and JB pickups were custom wound to be slightly hotter. I think on occasion Lynch also stated he used an EMG 81. I think the Distortion was his main pickup though.

Leave a comment:

• Romanian Reaper
    replied
    Originally posted by Chief
    It is an absolutely killer pickup. Can nail Dokken riffs (of course) with ease. My favorite "heavy" pickup.

Chief

I think it is one of the few passive pickups available that sounds close to an EMG-81.

Leave a comment:

• Chief
    replied
    Originally posted by bmf5150
    i just dug up an old article abou the wicked sensation album right before the scream demon was coming out.he said he used a dunacn distortion for that album.im less than thrilled with my screamin demon,im leaning toward the distortion.what do you guys think?

It is an absolutely killer pickup. Can nail Dokken riffs (of course) with ease. My favorite "heavy" pickup.

Chief

Leave a comment:

• 17 Tubes
    replied
    I'd just like to say...not sure it matters.

I know...you're just asking....but still.

HAve you a good super strat...some saturated smooth, yet cutable distortion tone....and some attitude...and you'll cop his vibe much better than trying to copy some....SOME... of his gear.

Leave a comment:

• Lord ToneKing
    replied
    Duncan '59

Leave a comment:

• JerryP
    replied
    When George came thru here doing his clinic a year or so ago his tiger guitar had a JB in it.
    Jerry

Leave a comment:

• mrbobo
    replied
    I'll add to the confusion and say that I read Wiked Sensation was a Duncan Custom.

Leave a comment:

• tommythelurker
    replied
    i just dug up an old article abou the wicked sensation album right before the scream demon was coming out.he said he used a dunacn distortion for that album.im less than thrilled with my screamin demon,im leaning toward the distortion.what do you guys think?

Hmm, I thought that pickup came out before wicked sensation, like around ULAK. My memory sucks.

My friend had one years and years ago. I thought it was kinda cool. It's trebbly, but not in a harsh way. Not real high output but it cuts, has nice harmonics etc.

That's what I remember but then again, this was years and years ago and my memory sucks.... Sorry, that wasn't really helpful, was it.

Leave a comment:

• Romanian Reaper
    replied

That is the only pickup I'v ever owned that sounded great in any guitar I put it in. Great pickup in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X