What pickup did george lynch use on the old dokken albums?

bmf5150

• Members

i just dug up an old article abou the wicked sensation album right before the scream demon was coming out.he said he used a dunacn distortion for that album.im less than thrilled with my screamin demon,im leaning toward the distortion.what do you guys think?

• Members

Originally posted by bmf5150

i just dug up an old article abou the wicked sensation album right before the scream demon was coming out.he said he used a dunacn distortion for that album.im less than thrilled with my screamin demon,im leaning toward the distortion.what do you guys think?

That is the only pickup I'v ever owned that sounded great in any guitar I put it in. Great pickup in my opinion.

• Members

Hmm, I thought that pickup came out before wicked sensation, like around ULAK. My memory sucks.

My friend had one years and years ago. I thought it was kinda cool. It's trebbly, but not in a harsh way. Not real high output but it cuts, has nice harmonics etc.

That's what I remember but then again, this was years and years ago and my memory sucks.... :freak: Sorry, that wasn't really helpful, was it.

• Members

I'd just like to say...not sure it matters.

I know...you're just asking....but still.

HAve you a good super strat...some saturated smooth, yet cutable distortion tone....and some attitude...and you'll cop his vibe much better than trying to copy some....SOME... of his gear.

• Members

It is an absolutely killer pickup. Can nail Dokken riffs (of course) with ease. My favorite "heavy" pickup.

Chief

• Members

Originally posted by gainfreak

Duncan distortion and sometimes a JB

Plus his Distortion and JB pickups were custom wound to be slightly hotter. I think on occasion Lynch also stated he used an EMG 81. I think the Distortion was his main pickup though.

• 1 month later...

Archived