Digitech DHP-55 Harmonizer

ihave27frets

• Members

Originally posted by ihave27frets

Yes, its intelligent pitch shifting. You can actually change the scales and modes. I have never used it, I got it from a trade. I saw that they do well on ebay so I figured Id put it on here first.

I thought you and Pat both used a G-Major live for harmonies? Why not use this thing, it sounds like it's way better.

• Members

I was thinking about it, but I think im going to get rid of the G-major too and get an Eventide.

Oh shit! :eek:

Aren't those expensive as hell? I hear they're the best harmonizers made though. That would be sick if you and Pat both ran one of those. It always pissed me off that bands like In Flames never invested in harmonizers...their old songs just don't sound right with only two guitars. :cry:

• Members

Really? Is it bad?

There is a noticeable delay and quite a few people have complained about it. Version 3.0 has helped it, but there is still a lag present. I believe most Eventide stuff has a delay though, which is why people run a W/D or W/D/W setup. If you do that, you'll never notice it. Why not look into a G-Force? It's like the poor-man's Eventide. Great intelligent pitch shifting, great delays, etc. etc. Only problem is, it sucks a little tone like the G-Major.

• Members

I was thinking about it, but I think im going to get rid of the G-major too and get an Eventide.

IMHO, the Eventide wouldn't be much good to you live unless your running a W/D/(W) setup or have all the effects loaded in a patch and turn them on/off using CC messages.

I think for live use the G-Force would be more valuable to you. I have one...for an all-in-one MFX unit it's pretty hard to beat.

I also have a DHP-55. :D :D :D

It'll do a lot of the things Eventide owners brag about like "Crystal Echos" and otherwordly soundscapes at a 10th of the price but not as pristine of sound quality as the Tides'.

BTW, what's the firmware version on your DHP-55?

Archived