Best PREAMP pedal for M E T A L ?

Awake77

• Members

I know there's a lot of great pedals out there than can server as a good preamp for heavy metal distortion. I wanted to do a little survey after reading (and drooling:)) through the big tube pedal thread.

- What's your favorite pedal for high gain metal?

- How would you describe it, what amp(s) does it kinda/sorta sound like?

If you have a high-gain pedal you love but dont like metal, post about it anyway. I just love typing M E T A L :D

• Members

I like the Metal Zone. It's plenty Metal, and if you play Metal through it, you'll be metal. You'll be playing in The Zone and you'll be playing Metal through the Metal Zone and in The Zone of Metal. I hate the Metal Zone. It's Zone of Metal is not the Zone most Metallers want to be Zoned in on. But If that Zone that the Metal Zone Zones in on, you will be Zoned out!

• Members

Originally posted by buntaluffigus

I like the Metal Zone. It's plenty Metal, and if you play Metal through it, you'll be metal. You'll be playing in The Zone and you'll be playing Metal through the Metal Zone and in The Zone of Metal. I hate the Metal Zone. It's Zone of Metal is not the Zone most Metallers want to be Zoned in on. But If that Zone that the Metal Zone Zones in on, you will be Zoned out!

see what I mean Awake77 ? :o

• Members

Well just a pedal will not alter your amp's character for sure. If you got an amp with medium to heavy crunch probably a tubescreamer or a rangemaster will do the trick for you. :thu:

If you want a floor preamp get a V-Twin or a Tube Toner!

If you want to go high end get a Soldano Supercharger GTO

• Members

Please try the Koch Pedaltone, it has nice high-gain sound and come with 4 x 12AX7.

The Koch Pedaltone sounds much better than

Engl Tubetoner ( EQ not wide range),

H&K Tubeman ( too smooth sounding),

Soldano GTO ( modern sound, but no enough of gain) &

Mesa V-Twin ( too moddy)

• Members

Originally posted by Red&Die

Please try the Koch Pedaltone, it has nice high-gain sound and come with 4 x 12AX7.

The Koch Pedaltone sounds much better than

Engl Tubetoner ( EQ not wide range),

H&K Tubeman ( too smooth sounding),

Soldano GTO ( modern sound, but no enough of gain) &

Mesa V-Twin ( too moddy)

listen to this guy

• Members

Originally posted by Awake77

I know there's a lot of great pedals out there than can server as a good preamp for heavy metal distortion. I wanted to do a little survey after reading (and drooling:)) through the big tube pedal thread.

- What's your favorite pedal for high gain metal?

- How would you describe it, what amp(s) does it kinda/sorta sound like?

If you have a high-gain pedal you love but dont like metal, post about it anyway. I just love typing M E T A L
:D

I just got the Scott Ian digitech Pedal thats f'ing AWESOME!!!

Derek

• Members

Originally posted by DerekB

I just got the Scott Ian digitech Pedal thats f'ing AWESOME!!!

Derek

I agree. I was very pleasantly surprised by that pedal. THrough a good clean channel it got some very nice metal tones.

I was also surprised/impressed by the Krank distortion pedal.

• Members

Originally posted by mctallica1

I agree. I was very pleasantly surprised by that pedal. THrough a good clean channel it got some very nice metal tones.

I was also surprised/impressed by the Krank distortion pedal.

The Krank eh? thats doesnt interest me enough to want to try it out but after listening to the Scott Ian demo I went out right after watchng it and bought it and use it in my living room with my Thunder 1x12 combo's clean channel and it's kicking all kinds of ASS!!!

BTW - You got the tubes right?

Derek:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by DerekB

The Krank eh? thats doesnt interest me enough to want to try it out but after listening to the Scott Ian demo I went out right after watchng it and bought it and use it in my living room with my Thunder 1x12 combo's clean channel and it's kicking all kinds of ASS!!!

BTW - You got the tubes right?

Derek:cool:

How come you did tell me you had a FAG13???

I need to come by and steal it!

:eek:

Archived