Mesa Mark IV - G Major problem

Lord ToneKing

• Members

I can't for the life of me seem to get my G Major from sucking serious amounts of tone and power from this amp. Whenever I disconnect it out of the loop the amp is way louder and sounds better. With it hooked up through the loop, I tried to set the levels on the G Major with the input and output level knobs. If I turned them higher than 10:00 they would begin feeding back, making the delay sound like a jet engine:freak:

I don't use the eq in the G Major. I have everything set at 0db

I run it at semi par because the delays seem to sound nicer that way.

I don't have the manual for the G Major so is there a better way to navigate through this thing? I can tweak the FX's to my liking, it's all the level issues that I'm not sure of.

By the way...my amp's channel masters are all on 3. I was told to leave them there for the way they are somehow working within the FX's loop

• Members

Originally posted by Lord ToneKing

I can't for the life of me seem to get my G Major from sucking serious amounts of tone and power from this amp. Whenever I disconnect it out of the loop the amp is way louder and sounds better. With it hooked up through the loop, I tried to set the levels on the G Major with the input and output level knobs. If I turned them higher than 10:00 they would begin feeding back, making the delay sound like a jet engine:freak:

I don't use the eq in the G Major. I have everything set at 0db

I run it at semi par because the delays seem to sound nicer that way.

I don't have the manual for the G Major so is there a better way to navigate through this thing? I can tweak the FX's to my liking, it's all the level issues that I'm not sure of.

By the way...my amp's channel masters are all on 3. I was told to leave them there for the way they are somehow working within the FX's loop

Set the TC to consumer level and run it in semi-parallel. :thu: you might also try feeding the TC's input with the preamp out, and then return to the FX loop, that way you have more input level control to the Rack. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by blackba

I noticed you are selling the mark IV, is this part of the reason......

I'm running out of patience with everything!:mad:

The amp is a tricky little beast that plays tricks on my ears everyday. On minute it sound incredible...10 mins later it sounds like crap.

I reprogrammed everything in the G Major when I had my JSX. The loop on the JSX was very easy to set your levels. I use one of my expression pedals on my midi controller as a bypass of the G Major. If I hit bypass the levels would'nt change (volume level), but with this MKIV I can't seem to find out why I can't blend the dry with the wet so the levels are the same when I bypass the unit...does that make sense? If I get the levels to adjust to where they are the same when I bypass the G Major I lose a ton of volume from the amp:confused:

I just want the same tone with the G Major in the loop as from the amp with nothing in the loop. I want to be able to remove the cables from the amps loop and not have the amp blasting loud.

I know it can be done...I did it before. I just can't figure this one out.:(

• Members

I'm running out of patience with everything!
:mad:
The amp is a tricky little beast that plays tricks on my ears everyday. On minute it sound incredible...10 mins later it sounds like crap.

I reprogrammed everything in the G Major when I had my JSX. The loop on the JSX was very easy to set your levels. I use one of my expression pedals on my midi controller as a bypass of the G Major. If I hit bypass the levels would'nt change (volume level), but with this MKIV I can't seem to find out why I can't blend the dry with the wet so the levels are the same when I bypass the unit...does that make sense? If I get the levels to adjust to where they are the same when I bypass the G Major I lose a ton of volume from the amp:confused:

I just want the same tone with the G Major in the loop as from the amp with nothing in the loop. I want to be able to remove the cables from the amps loop and not have the amp blasting loud.

I know it can be done...I did it before. I just can't figure this one out.
:(

This is what you do: Make a patch, doesn't matter what kind and set the fx level in the TC to "dry", NOT bypass. Problem solved. Have you set the level in the

TC to "Consumer"? If not, do that and you'll notice a HUGE difference in your levels.

• Members

Originally posted by Zachman

This is what you do: Make a patch, doesn't matter what kind and set the fx level in the TC to "dry", NOT bypass. Problem solved. Have you set the level in the

TC to "Consumer"? If not, do that and you'll notice a HUGE difference in your levels.

I had to take a break to cool down:o

I'll give it a try in a few here...I was on the verge of throwing a temper tantrum:eek:

when my temper flares up I tend to break things:(

I'll be back...

Oh yeah... thanks dude!:wave:

• Members

I had to take a break to cool down:o

I'll give it a try in a few here...I was on the verge of throwing a temper tantrum:eek:

when my temper flares up I tend to break things:(

I'll be back...

Oh yeah... thanks dude!
:wave:

:thu:

• Members

This is what I did for my G-Major into the MK IV and it sounds great, I shut the loop off and have the same levels.

• Members

would you mind talking a moron through this?
:confused:

I tried and could'nt find the right path:(

I am sure that Zach has already pm'd you the scoop, I did it reading through the manual.

Your levels will go up bigtime and when you switch off you will be at the same levels.

• Members

Originally posted by Digital Jams

I am sure that Zach has already pm'd you the scoop, I did it reading through the manual.

Your levels will go up bigtime and when you switch off you will be at the same levels.

I PM'd him and told him send me his# and I'd walk him through it, but... He probably doesn't want to give out his# (understandable) and I don't feel like doing that much typing.

• Members

I PM'd him and told him send me his# and I'd walk him through it, but... He probably doesn't want to give out his# and I don't feel like doing that much typing.

Yeah, you have dig for awhile using the wheels to get to it and I can't remember it off hand.

• Members

Originally posted by Digital Jams

Yeah, you have dig for awhile using the wheels to get to it and I can't remember it off hand.

i've been talking zepman through setting up his Eventide on the phone (VERY detailed stuff). not only how to navigate but to make it talk to his midi pedal etc...

At least when i get the H8000FW back from Bob, I'll be ready. :D

Archived