Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best amp for rhythm guitar?

Okay, the market is full of amps touting thier "lead" capabilities. What's a good all tube head with 4x12 strictly for rhythm playing - classic and progressive rock styles. I know you can use just about amy amp depending on your taste, especially ones with good clean channels, but are there any that are preffered over others for strict rythm playing?

Many headliner bands play a recorded rhythm guitar track in live perfomances and this just strikes me as wrong. Why not just hire another guitar player? It's not like there aren't enough good musicians looking for work.
    Carvin XB75WP
    Peavy AlphaBass
    Homemade 1-15 + 2-8 cab
    SansAmp Bass Driver DI Programable
    Semi-pro bassist; BA in Music

Okay, the market is full of amps touting thier "lead" capabilities. What's a good all tube head with 4x12 strictly for rhythm playing - classic and progressive rock styles. I know you can use just about amy amp depending on your taste, especially ones with good clean channels, but are there any that are preffered over others for strict rythm playing?

Many headliner bands play a recorded rhythm guitar track in live perfomances and this just strikes me as wrong. Why not just hire another guitar player? It's not like there aren't enough good musicians looking for work.
    Are you ok? Is there someone we can call?
    tlbonehead@yahoo.com
    www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
    -For Sale:
    -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
    -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
    - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
    - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
    - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

is this a question??
      "I just like weird things... an that..." - Karl Pilkington

Comment

wtf!!
        Great transactions with: Jezuz

Ibanez RGT 3120 (x3)
        Jackson YK13
        Gibson LP BFG
        BC Rich Warlock SE
        Yamaha RGZ custom

Engl Savage 120
        Engl 412 PRO VS
        Marshall 9040
        Marshall 1960 4x12 (2x v30s 2xgt75s)
        Keeley MT-2
        Pod Pro XT
        Boss GT-6
        ISP Decimator
        TS808
        Eventide Timefactor
        EHX MicroPog

Comment

is this a question??
          Yours appears to be.
          tlbonehead@yahoo.com
          -For Sale:
          -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
          - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD

Comment

okay.
            Member of the SG Navy ......

Comment

hostle crowd...
              Carvin XB75WP
              Peavy AlphaBass
              Homemade 1-15 + 2-8 cab
              SansAmp Bass Driver DI Programable
              Semi-pro bassist; BA in Music

Comment

hostle crowd...

Proud to be a card carrying member of the Mystical Cabal of Secular Humanists.

Poo-poo? Oui, Oui!

Comment

tlbonehead@yahoo.com
                  -For Sale:

Comment

let's just say Mark IV and move on...
                    HOURS

Originally Posted by thegumbootman

I managed to not say the word "****************" until I was 18

In primary school when my friends discovered swearing, I thought "I've never said the f-word before. I'm never going to say it". I wanted to say it when I got older (mostly because my friends would nag me about saying it), but I just didn't want to end the streak of not-saying it

I ended up accidentally saying it to my girlfriend at the time. I said "Someone told me that Ben got with a really fat girl and he titty-****************ed her"

Comment

Which headliner bands perform with a prerecorded rhythm guitar track?
                      Proud to be a card carrying member of the Mystical Cabal of Secular Humanists.

Poo-poo? Oui, Oui!

Comment

hostle crowd...

You need to hang out here more. Were real ****************************s. Trust me.

Join us or be destroyed.

Comment

You need to hang out here more. Were real ****************************s. Trust me.

Join us or be destroyed.

We got us a newb here!
                          Originally Posted by Stonedtone

The tears were worth 4M votes

....regarding Obama's tears over Conn. school massacre

Originally Posted by moonlight

I could care less about the so called "rights" of gun owners. They've even got those rights wrong. The second amendment has more to do with militia and not you can own one just because.

Originally Posted by Mossy Moss

You really are a dim bulb, aren't you Moonie?

"Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State." Heinrich Himmler

Comment

Powerball.

'cause it can't do leads.

Comment

hostel!!!

Comment

• Working...
                                X