So do you guys still hate Krank amps?

Ben J

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After all the "Teh sux" threads and {censored}, it boiled down to: Kranks have a sweet spot, wherein they do ONE thing pretty well. Just pretty well. Most people feel they're overpriced, regardless of how well they do that one thing.

So, if that one thing Krank does is also what you're after, fine. For just about anything else, they're near or at the bottom of the options in that price range.

• Members

After all the "Teh sux" threads and {censored}, it boiled down to: Kranks have a sweet spot, wherein they do ONE thing pretty well. Just pretty well. Most people feel they're overpriced, regardless of how well they do that one thing.

So, if that one thing Krank does is also what you're after, fine. For just about anything else, they're near or at the bottom of the options in that price range.

Actually they do 2. The Revolution 1 has a great clean channel. I feel it's one of the very best of the high gain amps I played including the Bogner Ubershall which was just voiced differently. I don't know which one I think is better for clean. Preference would come into play. As well with the gain. The bogner is also voiced differently and seemed to beable to be more versitle.

As far as price goes, I feel they hold there own there. I have only found one amp I like better but it cost alot more in the Bogner. Everything else it's price and under I perfer the Krank Rev 1. The JSX from Peavey is pretty damn good but it's 1349.99 and the rev 1 is 1599.99. Not much price difference and which ever amp you like better is the one you take home.

Dude I think people are all hung up on hating. Soon as they see the name Krank, they hate on it. But who cares anyway. Play what you like. I do and I own the Krank rev1 and love the {censored} out it.

That clip sounds almost exaclty how mine sounds.

Dan

• Members

As far as price goes, I feel they hold there own there. I have only found one amp I like better but it cost alot more in the Bogner. Everything else it's price and under I perfer the Krank Rev 1. The JSX from Peavey is pretty damn good but it's 1349.99 and the rev 1 is 1599.99. Not much price difference and which ever amp you like better is the one you take home.

Dude I think people are all hung up on hating. Soon as they see the name Krank, they hate on it. But who cares anyway. Play what you like. I do and I own the Krank rev1 and love the {censored} out it.

Mom.... the Krank guys are spamming the board again......

Moooooommmmmmmmm!!!

• Members

never played one or heard one live for that matter, and i know andy is well respected but i feel like they sound a little harsh based on what albums i listen or have listened to that i know they were used on.

-shadows are security (i like this album a little bit, and some of the tones

sound good but others sound like a distortion pedal

-god forbid's latest (don't care for those tones at all)

• Members

Regardless of how they sound, Krank is a company I will never endorse because of their business practices.

When they first started up, their main marketing campaign involved nothing but mud slinging and {censored} talking about other successful amp companies. They didn't talk about what they as amp makers did right or anything positive like that... All they did was talk about other amps and how {censored}ty they were, and that if you wanted a "real amp that kicked ass" you should get a Krank. Also, the Krank employees would frequent internet forums, without giving away their employment status of course, and really talk up their amps, specifically in comparison to other amps and how much better they were than everything else. Totally unprofessional, amateur behavior.

Aside from that, I just don't like how the amps sound. I recently played a Revolution and it sounded to me like a cross between a JCM 900 and a Crate Blue Voodoo. Lots of gain, but no balls. There was a kind of fake harshness to it that I really didn't like and couldn't dial out. Not a fan.

• Members

Aside from that, I just don't like how the amps sound. I recently played a Revolution and it sounded to me like a cross between a JCM 900 and a Crate Blue Voodoo. Lots of gain, but no balls. There was a kind of fake harshness to it that I really didn't like and couldn't dial out. Not a fan.

Exactly. I heard one in a music store a while ago, and it was pure buzz. Tinny, harsh, no balls.... Certainly not worth the $2600 CND. it was going for.

• Members

Based on all the Andy Sneap albums I've heard, they sound pretty badass - not really sure why they get bashed so much.

Here's a Revolution clip, recorded by Sneap himself.

Simple setups, setups with pedals, setups with rack processors, setups with both rack processors and pedals combined, mono, stereo, W/D, W/D/W, multi-preamps, multi-heads, slaving, preamps, combos, heads OR ALL 3. Vintage gear/Classic tones, Modern gear/Modern tones and multi-genre flexibility are some of the considerations that go into selecting the right setup for all of us. Variety of choice is good, but as we all know, can be maddening.

So many

Archived