No announcement yet.

So do you guys still hate Krank amps?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So do you guys still hate Krank amps?

Based on all the Andy Sneap albums I've heard, they sound pretty badass - not really sure why they get bashed so much.

Here's a Revolution clip, recorded by Sneap himself.

http://www.krankamps.com/audio/rta.mp3

no comment

Comment

meh...every body keeps suckin on ol' andys dick
      Been Here since 4/17/2002

Jackson Guitars, Peavey Amps, and Avatar Cabs

Comment

After all the "Teh sux" threads and ****************, it boiled down to: Kranks have a sweet spot, wherein they do ONE thing pretty well. Just pretty well. Most people feel they're overpriced, regardless of how well they do that one thing.

So, if that one thing Krank does is also what you're after, fine. For just about anything else, they're near or at the bottom of the options in that price range.
        -"Actual journalism? Isn't that when you don't commit crimes?"
        -"Hell no, it's when we commit really good crimes."

Comment

nope, ive got one coming in wednesday
          Gibson Les Paul Standard
          Fender Precision Bass American
          Martin Auditorium Acoustic
          Bogner Ecstasy 101b
          Mesa Boogie Road King
          Mesa Boogie 4X12 Standard
          Line 6/Boss Effects
          Dimarzio Straps

Comment

That clip sounds pretty good, but nothing the almighty 5150 couldn't do equally as well.
            "Follow your instinct.... It usually takes you home."

Heads:
            Egnater Armageddon
            VHT Deliverance
            Titan Custom 100
            Baron MII 100
            Marshall JCM 800 2203KK
            VHT 100 CL
            Splawn Nitro
            Peavey 6505 & FJA 6505 & 5150 II
            Krank Krankenstein +
            Bogner Uberschall Rev Blue
            Rivera K-Tre'
            Framus Cobra & Dragon
            Ampeg VH-140c
            Engl Savage 120 & Powerball
            Mesa Dual Rectifier
            ESP Guitars

HC References
            http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=2242115

Comment

Based on all the Andy Sneap albums I've heard, they sound pretty badass - not really sure why they get bashed so much.

Here's a Revolution clip, recorded by Sneap himself.

http://www.krankamps.com/audio/rta.mp3

Nice sound! But I still would not want a Krank

I played one. I didn't like it AT ALL

Comment

After all the "Teh sux" threads and ****************, it boiled down to: Kranks have a sweet spot, wherein they do ONE thing pretty well. Just pretty well. Most people feel they're overpriced, regardless of how well they do that one thing.

So, if that one thing Krank does is also what you're after, fine. For just about anything else, they're near or at the bottom of the options in that price range.

Actually they do 2. The Revolution 1 has a great clean channel. I feel it's one of the very best of the high gain amps I played including the Bogner Ubershall which was just voiced differently. I don't know which one I think is better for clean. Preference would come into play. As well with the gain. The bogner is also voiced differently and seemed to beable to be more versitle.
                As far as price goes, I feel they hold there own there. I have only found one amp I like better but it cost alot more in the Bogner. Everything else it's price and under I perfer the Krank Rev 1. The JSX from Peavey is pretty damn good but it's 1349.99 and the rev 1 is 1599.99. Not much price difference and which ever amp you like better is the one you take home.

Dude I think people are all hung up on hating. Soon as they see the name Krank, they hate on it. But who cares anyway. Play what you like. I do and I own the Krank rev1 and love the **************** out it.

That clip sounds almost exaclty how mine sounds.

Dan

Comment

Sneap could make axolotyl mating calls sound good.
                  Elven

Comment

As far as price goes, I feel they hold there own there. I have only found one amp I like better but it cost alot more in the Bogner. Everything else it's price and under I perfer the Krank Rev 1. The JSX from Peavey is pretty damn good but it's 1349.99 and the rev 1 is 1599.99. Not much price difference and which ever amp you like better is the one you take home.

Dude I think people are all hung up on hating. Soon as they see the name Krank, they hate on it. But who cares anyway. Play what you like. I do and I own the Krank rev1 and love the **************** out it.

Mom.... the Krank guys are spamming the board again......

Moooooommmmmmmmm!!!

Comment

never played one or heard one live for that matter, and i know andy is well respected but i feel like they sound a little harsh based on what albums i listen or have listened to that i know they were used on.
                      -shadows are security (i like this album a little bit, and some of the tones
                      sound good but others sound like a distortion pedal
                      -god forbid's latest (don't care for those tones at all)
                      ESP LTD EC-500
                      Macbook
                      Motu Ultralite
                      Logic Express 8
                      Shure sm57
                      -----------------------------
                      great transactions with: all kinds of m'fers, but I can't list them because I had to empty my p.m. box

Comment

Nope. They still suck.
                        "I have the two qualities you require to see the absolute truth... I am brilliant and unloved". - Miss Evangelista, Dr. Who ep. "Silence In The Library"

Comment

well the stupid name "krank" they picked doesn't help

Comment

Regardless of how they sound, Krank is a company I will never endorse because of their business practices.

When they first started up, their main marketing campaign involved nothing but mud slinging and **************** talking about other successful amp companies. They didn't talk about what they as amp makers did right or anything positive like that... All they did was talk about other amps and how ****************ty they were, and that if you wanted a "real amp that kicked ass" you should get a Krank. Also, the Krank employees would frequent internet forums, without giving away their employment status of course, and really talk up their amps, specifically in comparison to other amps and how much better they were than everything else. Totally unprofessional, amateur behavior.

Aside from that, I just don't like how the amps sound. I recently played a Revolution and it sounded to me like a cross between a JCM 900 and a Crate Blue Voodoo. Lots of gain, but no balls. There was a kind of fake harshness to it that I really didn't like and couldn't dial out. Not a fan.
                            SPAM:
                            Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 - $350 (like-new, studio use only... smokeless environment)
                            ESP LTD Explorer, pre-lawsuit Gibson-style body, dot inlays, black - $600 (slightly-used, great condition. barely noticeable small ding on headstock)

My Avatar - Bianca Beauchamp

Comment

Andy Sneap = great producer to HCAForumites.

great producer = great miked tone with any amp.

play a Krank in person to make a decision. Tapes can tell lies too.
                              BRO CLUB Member: BROSLINGER
                              Proudly uses: STOMP UNDER FOOT pedals.

Comment

Working...
                              X