OT: My rant on people and speeding tickets.

BigFatPaulWall

• Members

People who purposefully speed and then get pissed off at the cop that pulls them over just simply need to shut the {censored} up. Period.

Anyone who has the balls to lay the blame on the police officer because of that person's speeding habit is just a worthless, hypocritical, walking pile of {censored}.

Every person who gets pissed off at a police officer when they knew they were speeding deserves to pay 10x the amount that's required on the ticket.

If you ever get pulled over, do yourself a favor and just accept the fact that you were caught, pay the fine, and go on with your life. There's no need to fight the ticket, because 99.8% of the time you will lose. There's no need to get pissed off at the police officer, because he's just doing his job.

Have a nice day.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

wrong...

go to court..ALWAYS go to court.....there's a 99.99% chance that you'll get it bumped down and eliminate points from your insurance record....

I live in NJ, insurance is bad enough in this state....I always go to court for tickets now..may cost you more up front, but it saves you alot in insurance in the long run

• Members

Lets be realistic here, if anyone actually obeyed speed limits no one would be on time. Seriously, try actually doing 25.

?

Two people are on the interstate...person #1 is going 60mph (the speed limit) and person #2 is going 75mph. Both people are traveling the same distance...20 miles.

Person #1 will travel 20 miles in 20 minutes at 60mph.

Person #2 will travel 20 miles in 16 minutes at 75mph.

OMG!!! 4 MINUTES IS SUCH A LONG {censored}ING TIME!!!

:rolleyes:

• Members

You are assuming that all the speed limits are logically placed. Near where I live its 35 in the neighborhood section of this street and 30 when the businesses start. Just seems strange.

The problem I have with my old car is 30 is about right at a shift point, so I generally go 35 in a 30. I am technically speeding, but my car runs with less RPMs. I think you are trying to make things too black or white. Nice rant though :)

Frankly in this area it would be nice if people even go to the speed limit. I can't tell you how many times people on a 2 lane road in perfect weather are doing 35 in a 45.

• Members

Lets be realistic here, if anyone actually obeyed speed limits no one would be on time. Seriously, try actually doing 25.

....or you could just budget your time accrdingly and leave an extra 10 minutes early.

There is no actual REASON to speed unless your life or livelyhood is in danger. I'll be honest, I tend to do 5-10 mph over, but that's out of habit - I don't go grossly over the speed limit, and I refuse to endanger other people's lives because I'm running late. If I were to get a ticket, I sure as hell wouldn't blame the cop, I'd blame myself.

I'd still take it to court just to keep it off my record, but I'm not going to blame someone else for my troubles.

• Members

In residential zones, it is stupid...let me say that again, STUPID...to go over 25 mph. There's a reason why they set the speed limit that low...every mile over 25 that you're going significantly reduces your reaction/stopping time if someone's dip{censored} kid runs in front of you. It doesn't matter if mom or dad weren't paying attention....if you hit that little kid, not only are you {censored}ed, but now you've got to live with that forever. Not worth it in my book.

Just recently, I saw a dude in a Porsche pass people at 40 mph that had slowed down to 20 mph in a busy school zone at 8 a.m. (prime unloading time.) There was a motorcycle cop parked right there who immediately pulled him over. I think I would've tasered the guy just on principle if I was that cop.

• Members

70mph speed limit on the motorways really pisses me off, esp at 2am.

Maybe there should be a lower limit for peak times and a 90mph night limit. I mean sometimes the road is deserted and we are expected to trickle along at 70mph. Besides cars are much safer these days with better brakes and suspension - higher speed limits out of towns should be granted,

• Members

70mph speed limit on the motorways really pisses me off, esp at 2am.

Maybe there should be a lower limit for peak times and a 90mph night limit. I mean sometimes the road is deserted and we are expected to trickle along at 70mph. Besides cars are much safer these days with better brakes and suspension - higher speed limits out of towns should be granted,

The cars are safer, but the people are still stupid.

At least most of them.

• Members

The cars are safer, but the people are still stupid.

At least most of them.

yeah but i find most stupidity in town/city centres and when it is busy. After 9pm ish the motorways/highways are a lot quieter and a limit of 90mph wouldnt do much harm except allow people to get home quicker.

• Members

People who purposefully speed and then get pissed off at the cop that pulls them over just simply need to shut the {censored} up. Period.

Anyone who has the balls to lay the blame on the police officer because of that person's speeding habit is just a worthless, hypocritical, walking pile of {censored}.

Every person who gets pissed off at a police officer when they knew they were speeding deserves to pay 10x the amount that's required on the ticket.

If you ever get pulled over, do yourself a favor and just accept the fact that you were caught, pay the fine, and go on with your life. There's no need to fight the ticket, because 99.8% of the time you will lose. There's no need to get pissed off at the police officer, because he's just doing his job.

Have a nice day.

Says the guy from Dallas/Ft Worth where a 65 mph speed limit actually means drive 95 mph. How the hell do you get a ticket in traffic like that anyway? Are you trying to break the sound barrier on I-45?

• Members

Says the guy from Dallas/Ft Worth where a 65 mph speed limit actually means drive 95 mph. How the hell do you get a ticket in traffic like that anyway? Are you trying to break the sound barrier on I-45?

I know what you're talking about. I hate living in this area.

I've found out the general rule of thumb...add 20 to what ever the speed limit is, and that's how fast just about everyone else will drive. If the speed limit is 40, most people will go 60. If the speed limit is 70, most people will go 90...etc, etc.

• Members

You guys are overlooking one thing, logic. Sure, 10 mph won't make much of a difference, but a 25 mph speed limit on a major where you could dsafely go much faster is stupid. Lets say a store charges $3 for a pack of gum that costs 25 cents, I'm sure as hell not buying it. Is $3 a big difference? No, but I'm not going to pay that much because doing so would be retarded.

• Members

You guys are overlooking one thing, logic. Sure, 10 mph won't make much of a difference, but a 25 mph speed limit on a major where you could dsafely go much faster is stupid. Lets say a store charges $3 for a pack of gum that costs 25 cents, I'm sure as hell not buying it. Is $3 a big difference? No, but I'm not going to pay that much because doing so would be retarded.

It's also retarded to pay $300 for a speeding ticket.

• Members

You wouldn't have to if the speed limits were reasonable

That's the thing though. People, as a general rule, can't handle that kind of freedom. Montana tried the no speed limit thing for a while, but what happened is every asshole that could came and drove 140 mph, whether they had the driving ability and car to handle it or not, and they didn't pay any mind to adverse weather conditions and the like. Then, when they were involved in a fiery car crash, they tried to sue. So, it's back down to 75 or whatever.

• Members

first of all to the OP, calm the hell down. when someone gets an inflated ticket for speeding and 9 times out of 10 there's a hundred assholes going 20 mph faster, one tends to get upset.

that said, after being stopped for doing next to nothing (one gave me a $185 citation for "not coming to a complete stop" in a deserted town at 2 AM), i dont speed. if i'm going to be stopped when i dont deserve it, i dont want to roll the dice again when i do.

• Members

You wouldn't have to if the speed limits were reasonable

Reasonable how?

There's a small residential road close to where I live with a posted speed limit of 30mph. There's a school next to it. There are neighborhoods that are full houses where people and children live. Speed limits are in place to protect other people around you.

Most people drive 45mph on it. I drive 30mph. I can't tell you how many times some retard risked another person's life by driving around me into oncoming traffic...just to save 15 seconds of time that would eventually become pointless due to stop lights ahead.

Archived