Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: My rant on people and speeding tickets.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: My rant on people and speeding tickets.

People who purposefully speed and then get pissed off at the cop that pulls them over just simply need to shut the **************** up. Period.

Anyone who has the balls to lay the blame on the police officer because of that person's speeding habit is just a worthless, hypocritical, walking pile of ****************.

Every person who gets pissed off at a police officer when they knew they were speeding deserves to pay 10x the amount that's required on the ticket.

If you ever get pulled over, do yourself a favor and just accept the fact that you were caught, pay the fine, and go on with your life. There's no need to fight the ticket, because 99.8% of the time you will lose. There's no need to get pissed off at the police officer, because he's just doing his job.

Have a nice day.

wrong...

go to court..ALWAYS go to court.....there's a 99.99% chance that you'll get it bumped down and eliminate points from your insurance record....

I live in NJ, insurance is bad enough in this state....I always go to court for tickets now..may cost you more up front, but it saves you alot in insurance in the long run
    ~master of powdered toast~
    Super Sexy Splawn Society

Splawn QR
    Splawn 4x12 w/ greenbacks
    ESP Lynch Skulls n' Snakes with Duncan JB
    ESP M III w/ JB bridge, Pearly Gates Neck
    EVH Frankenstrat Clone w/ Duncan Distortion
    Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber 1265s
    BOSS DD-20
    Rocktron Intellifex Online

Quick Rod wet/dry vid
    My Myspace/BLOG
    My SPLAWN clips
    My Homepage/Splawn Videos

My gear pix

~far superior to the one-assed monkey~

Comment

um.....ok
      My References

PMing me about who is in my avatar is creepy, so don't. Don't ask tommythelurker either because he'll PM the mods.

Comment

I agree that you shouldn't blame the cop for your speeding. It's like blaming McDonalds for making you fat. Your actions have consequences - you need to accept that fact and move on with your life.
        Member of the HCAF Homebrews Club

Gear:
        Currently in transition.

http://www.myspace.com/michaelkentmusic New songs up!!

Good Transactions With: Moodbender, Chrisjd, GRIFF10672 (x2), Killing Nevada, Cibyl, Steveanders86, drs448, Valtiel, StratoSlacker

Originally Posted by newholland

good sense NEVER makes good sense when yer movin a mountain of stupid...

Originally Posted by mseriously30

I think some people have the "suck" knob on full bore.

Mah ampbuild thread: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...8#post39421848

Comment

Lets be realistic here, if anyone actually obeyed speed limits no one would be on time. Seriously, try actually doing 25.
          Originally Posted by marshallnoise

Harvard is **************** education if you ask me. Every ****** who has come from there doesn't know **************** from shinola.

Good Deals with- Poe36

Comment

If you ever get pulled over, do yourself a favor and just accept the fact that you were caught, pay the fine, and go on with your life. There's no need to fight the ticket, because 99.8% of the time you will lose.

Some pretty ridiculous commentary here.
            Originally Posted by knucklefux

let me tell you something, **************************************** ...

Originally Posted by TheEsupremacy

Why do you always come off like you're so much better than 100% of the people on this planet? Truthfully, are you God?

Originally Posted by Hardvalve

He seems to be slightly retarded, and easily provoked.

Originally Posted by gorebreath

my dad is a homo

The Rub on Facebook
            The Rub on MySpace
            The Rub on Soundclick
            The Rub on ReverbNation

Comment

Lets be realistic here, if anyone actually obeyed speed limits no one would be on time. Seriously, try actually doing 25.

Exactly. NO ONE, including the thread starter, does 25 in a residential zone. 30 mph at minimum.
              Originally Posted by knucklefux

let me tell you something, **************************************** ...

Originally Posted by TheEsupremacy

Why do you always come off like you're so much better than 100% of the people on this planet? Truthfully, are you God?

Originally Posted by Hardvalve

He seems to be slightly retarded, and easily provoked.

Originally Posted by gorebreath

my dad is a homo

The Rub on Facebook
              The Rub on MySpace
              The Rub on Soundclick
              The Rub on ReverbNation

Comment

?

Two people are on the interstate...person #1 is going 60mph (the speed limit) and person #2 is going 75mph. Both people are traveling the same distance...20 miles.

Person #1 will travel 20 miles in 20 minutes at 60mph.

Person #2 will travel 20 miles in 16 minutes at 75mph.

OMG!!! 4 MINUTES IS SUCH A LONG ****************ING TIME!!!

Comment

somebody needs a hug...
                  Your mother.

Comment

I agree mostly. I always fight the ticket though even though I'm in the wrong. The speeding tickets I've pleaded not guilty to (57 in a 30, 46 in a 30) have either been dropped or reduced after talking to the cop.
                    Good transactions: tolling bells, leod_74, phatgirl, Megadeth6784, duderanimous, JoshuaTSP, mttmg, Rocked Star, New Builder, Zemmy, Brutal Truth, Incarta, needleTOink, outtahear, guitar_dude45, kidgloves, Chad-ro, Ibenhad,TruSlice, Squatandgobble, DoubleBarrel

Comment

You are assuming that all the speed limits are logically placed. Near where I live its 35 in the neighborhood section of this street and 30 when the businesses start. Just seems strange.

The problem I have with my old car is 30 is about right at a shift point, so I generally go 35 in a 30. I am technically speeding, but my car runs with less RPMs. I think you are trying to make things too black or white. Nice rant though

Frankly in this area it would be nice if people even go to the speed limit. I can't tell you how many times people on a 2 lane road in perfect weather are doing 35 in a 45.

Comment

....or you could just budget your time accrdingly and leave an extra 10 minutes early.

There is no actual REASON to speed unless your life or livelyhood is in danger. I'll be honest, I tend to do 5-10 mph over, but that's out of habit - I don't go grossly over the speed limit, and I refuse to endanger other people's lives because I'm running late. If I were to get a ticket, I sure as hell wouldn't blame the cop, I'd blame myself.

I'd still take it to court just to keep it off my record, but I'm not going to blame someone else for my troubles.
                        Member of the HCAF Homebrews Club

Gear:
                        Currently in transition.

http://www.myspace.com/michaelkentmusic New songs up!!

Good Transactions With: Moodbender, Chrisjd, GRIFF10672 (x2), Killing Nevada, Cibyl, Steveanders86, drs448, Valtiel, StratoSlacker

Originally Posted by newholland

good sense NEVER makes good sense when yer movin a mountain of stupid...

Originally Posted by mseriously30

I think some people have the "suck" knob on full bore.

Mah ampbuild thread: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...8#post39421848

Comment

Exactly. NO ONE, including the thread starter, does 25 in a residential zone. 30 mph at minimum.

Residential zones around here are 30mph and that's how fast I go.

Comment

In residential zones, it is stupid...let me say that again, STUPID...to go over 25 mph. There's a reason why they set the speed limit that low...every mile over 25 that you're going significantly reduces your reaction/stopping time if someone's dip**************** kid runs in front of you. It doesn't matter if mom or dad weren't paying attention....if you hit that little kid, not only are you ****************ed, but now you've got to live with that forever. Not worth it in my book.

Just recently, I saw a dude in a Porsche pass people at 40 mph that had slowed down to 20 mph in a busy school zone at 8 a.m. (prime unloading time.) There was a motorcycle cop parked right there who immediately pulled him over. I think I would've tasered the guy just on principle if I was that cop.
                            Originally Posted by Rear Naked

you have a "before" pic of your ****************************???

SPAM:
                            TC Flashback Delay

Good deals: Rfaranda, Goodisonrock, Cobrahead1030, Ricky Bobby, STEEL KAGE, tsunamijesus, Dark Slide, superflyinmonke, boltzthrower, itkindaworks, Shenaniganizer, Rhammer19, downer01, Caveman Riddle, RockStarBassist

HottKarl's Tunes on Soundcloud

Comment

70mph speed limit on the motorways really pisses me off, esp at 2am.

Maybe there should be a lower limit for peak times and a 90mph night limit. I mean sometimes the road is deserted and we are expected to trickle along at 70mph. Besides cars are much safer these days with better brakes and suspension - higher speed limits out of towns should be granted,
                              ©º°¨¨°º©©º°¨ ¨°º©©º°¨¨°º© ©º°¨¨°º©©º°¨ ¨°º©

Sandhills Studios, Liverpool UK

Comment

Working...
                              X