Change the line level of my Soldano effects loop?

BadRonald

• Members

For the SLO there's a mod to reduce it from pro line level to consumer line level, but I don't know about pedals. You can find schematics on the web that will show it, it involves a resistor and a capacitor. Or you can just contact Soldano and ask them, I think they're supposed to be fairly helpfull.

• Members

For the SLO there's a mod to reduce it from pro line level to consumer line level, but I don't know about pedals. You can find schematics on the web that will show it, it involves a resistor and a capacitor. Or you can just contact Soldano and ask them, I think they're supposed to be fairly helpfull.

Tommy speaks the truth. It's just a 1k resistor and a 1uf cap added in to the fx loop circuit. It will reduce the send to 0dB. You should be able to run pedals fine by doing that mod. I believe the guitar level signal is like -10dB or something like that, but they should work just fine.

• Members

Does anybody know how to change the line level in the loop of my Soldano so I can run pedals?

Is it simple? Just a resistor change?

Thanks!
:cool:

It is adding a resitor and a cap to the board. Since all of them (you didn't specify your model) are PCB and if you never worked on a PCB amp, ask a tech or a friend - or visit the SLO-clone Forums (wolfeman has the link in his signature).

• Members

what pedals are you looking to run in the loop? i use the Boss dual pedals in my loop because they have a +4db setting which works well. so far i am only using the delay in the loop.

the added resistor lowers the FX loop "send" level, which slightly lowers the volume of the amp (even if there is nothing in the loop).

the added capacitor increases the FX loop "return" level, to get the volume back.

Archived