Eagles of Death Metal!

AMSnell

• Members

lolzzzz.

Just read an interview with them.

Jesse Hughes on his Rig -

"You dont need big amps to get a beg sound - I use one amp, my Gorilla GC25 and a single six inch speaker I got from a junkyark in Burbank."

:rawk:

That cool :p

This also amused me -

"The finesse of the solo's isnt as important of the finesse of the whole song. I'll leave the fast shit to Yngwe. If I wanna be in a prog rock band i'll grow my hair and cut off my balls"

:D

• Members

I read somewhere that they intentionally got the {censored}tiest guitar tone possible. and I {censored}ing believe it. That guitar tone sounds like plastic feces. But you know what? it works. Love the first album anyway.

But Kyuss......Kyuss is GODLIKE.

• Members

I read somewhere that they intentionally got the shittiest guitar tone possible. and I fucking believe it. That guitar tone sounds like plastic feces. But you know what? it works. Love the first album anyway.

But Kyuss......Kyuss is GODLIKE.

Sounds like nasty filthy ass fuzz tones. I can dig it. :D

• Members

Isnt Josh Homme in KYUSS as well as QOTSA and EODM?

Seems like he's the stoner king
:love:

I dont think he is in EODM anymore. I think he played drums on the first album and bass on the second, as well as contributed some vocals. But is focussing on QOTSA now so they replaced him with somebody. I think thats what I read anways. :idk:

• Members

I dont think he is in EODM anymore. I think he played drums on the first album and bass on the second, as well as contributed some vocals. But is focussing on QOTSA now so they replaced him with somebody. I think thats what I read anways.
:idk:

I hope QOTSA goes back to their roots. i know its cliche, but I dug the first and second album way more than SFTD(although mosquito song was one of their best ever) and definetely Lullabies.

• Members

I hope QOTSA goes back to their roots. i know its cliche, but I dug the first and second album way more than SFTD(although mosquito song was one of their best ever) and definetely Lullabies.

I thought the first album was kind of bland. Rated R and SFTD I thought were masterpieces. LTP took awhile to grow on me though because it just didnt hit as hard as SFTD. I love it now though. :idk:

• Members

hell naw :mad: SFTD was the best thing they've done, their first album was.... meh.

• 10 years later...
  • Members

I think Jesse meant his GG25 Gorilla amp. The best one to use is what Josh used on the first Queens album Gorilla TC35 Tube Cruncher. I have one and it's a badass secret, but I will let it out. lol. Davey Jo Catching from Eodm has both of the original Gorilla amps Josh used his Rancho de la luna studio. But don't tell anyone I said so.

Archived