Something interesting about "And Justice For All" I was told today...

Random Hero

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
This guy was telling me how AJFA is actually really mid-heavy, and what happens is, your speakers can't take that amount of mids, so it inverts them, and makes it sound scooped.

what was he smoking? cuz i want some :freak:

• Members

This guy was telling me how AJFA is actually really mid-heavy, and what happens is, your speakers can't take that amount of mids, so it inverts them, and makes it sound scooped.

Did he also tell you that Kirk Hamster is actually really, really good.... he's so good that we can only hear half the notes, therefore making him sound bad?

• Members

sig-worthy! :p

:D

• Members

That's not true.
It is true that "and justice..." has A TON of mids, only they are recorded backwards, like that satan stuff on Stairway.
So you don't hear them, but you get really into mids, because your brain hears them.

• Members

On the gearslutz forum Flemming Rassmussen told that while making AJFA he had arguments with the band and that Jaymz-ARGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAH decided to make guitars a bit scooped and bass heavy, so, that was intentionally done by scooping and not some crazy abbra-cadabbra like your friend says

• Members

On the gearslutz forum Flemming Rassmussen told that while making AJFA he had arguments with the band and that Jaymz-ARGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAH decided to make guitars a
bit
scooped and bass heavy, so, that was intentionally done by scooping and not some crazy abbra-cadabbra like your friend says

Sig-worthy :D

• Members

i was talking about my amp at work the other day and this boob asks me why i had it modded and i told him to make it sound more "heavy"-- and he says " ah all you needed was a distortion pedal"...

• Members
i was talking about my amp at work the other day and this boob asks me why i had it modded and i told him to make it sound more "heavy"-- and he says " ah all you needed was a distortion pedal"...

But in order to make your amp heavier, all you have to do is add weight to it. :confused:

• Members
I heard that Kirk doesnt use wah, its just the frequency modulation from the gain structures interacting and distorting certain frequencies.

:freak:

and also a secret technique known only to him which depends on the interaction between the sweat on his fingers and his fine technique to apply the part of the finger which has more or less sweat to the string which then modulates the sound in the strangest ways known to man or elephants. And an eggroll on top of that.

• Members

I can tell you're skeptical of this info, that's all.

im skeptical because James himself said he used to turn his mid knob to 0 and put tape on it to make sure it didnt get moved...not to mention that he knew the sound of AJFA was scooped to hell and back and while doing the Black Album he learned that some mids are a good thing.

so no, i dont believe your friend at all.

Archived