Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something interesting about "And Justice For All" I was told today...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something interesting about "And Justice For All" I was told today...

This guy was telling me how AJFA is actually really mid-heavy, and what happens is, your speakers can't take that amount of mids, so it inverts them, and makes it sound scooped.

Apparently, no frequency analyzer can either

Comment

Same goes w/ Dimebag. He actually used tons of mids and very little gain.

Comment

This guy was telling me how AJFA is actually really mid-heavy, and what happens is, your speakers can't take that amount of mids, so it inverts them, and makes it sound scooped.

what was he smoking? cuz i want some
        LUCIAN SCOTT : THORNS AND LIES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD NOW!
        http://www.myspace.com/lucianscott

http://www.soundclick.com/kisforkate

Gear :
        ESP LTD Alexi Scythe
        Jackson RR3
        Music Man Sub 1
        Jackson DX10 Dinky
        Schecter Hellraiser FR
        Pod XT Live
        Peavey Rockmaster (Broken)
        Peavey Classic 120
        Sansamp PSA-1
        Mesa Single Rectifier
        Peavey Ultra Plus
        Marshall JCM800 4x12
        Laney AOR 4x12

Good Business With : Shreder75; Drucifer; Juggernaut; mc_carlini

Comment

Your mother.

Comment

Did he also tell you that Kirk Hamster is actually really, really good.... he's so good that we can only hear half the notes, therefore making him sound bad?

Comment

sig-worthy!

Comment

that sounds crazy.. but I had a similar experience myself when maxing out mids on my preamp.
                -//()()

Comment

That's not true.
                  It is true that "and justice..." has A TON of mids, only they are recorded backwards, like that satan stuff on Stairway.
                  So you don't hear them, but you get really into mids, because your brain hears them.

Comment

On the gearslutz forum Flemming Rassmussen told that while making AJFA he had arguments with the band and that Jaymz-ARGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAH decided to make guitars a bit scooped and bass heavy, so, that was intentionally done by scooping and not some crazy abbra-cadabbra like your friend says

Comment

what was he smoking? cuz i want some

+1

No way this is the case - this guy's an idiot.
                      Member of the HCAF Homebrews Club

Gear:
                      Currently in transition.

http://www.myspace.com/michaelkentmusic New songs up!!

Good Transactions With: Moodbender, Chrisjd, GRIFF10672 (x2), Killing Nevada, Cibyl, Steveanders86, drs448, Valtiel, StratoSlacker

Originally Posted by newholland

good sense NEVER makes good sense when yer movin a mountain of stupid...

Originally Posted by mseriously30

I think some people have the "suck" knob on full bore.

Mah ampbuild thread: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...8#post39421848

Comment

On the gearslutz forum Flemming Rassmussen told that while making AJFA he had arguments with the band and that Jaymz-ARGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAH decided to make guitars a bit scooped and bass heavy, so, that was intentionally done by scooping and not some crazy abbra-cadabbra like your friend says

Sig-worthy

Comment

i was talking about my amp at work the other day and this boob asks me why i had it modded and i told him to make it sound more "heavy"-- and he says " ah all you needed was a distortion pedal"...

Comment

i was talking about my amp at work the other day and this boob asks me why i had it modded and i told him to make it sound more "heavy"-- and he says " ah all you needed was a distortion pedal"...

But in order to make your amp heavier, all you have to do is add weight to it.
                            Member of the HCAF Homebrews Club

Gear:
                            Currently in transition.

http://www.myspace.com/michaelkentmusic New songs up!!

Good Transactions With: Moodbender, Chrisjd, GRIFF10672 (x2), Killing Nevada, Cibyl, Steveanders86, drs448, Valtiel, StratoSlacker

Originally Posted by newholland

good sense NEVER makes good sense when yer movin a mountain of stupid...

Originally Posted by mseriously30

I think some people have the "suck" knob on full bore.

Mah ampbuild thread: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...8#post39421848

Comment

I heard that Kirk doesnt use wah, its just the frequency modulation from the gain structures interacting and distorting certain frequencies.

Comment

Working...
                              X