SPAM! Caparison Custom Horus Ola Frenning SOILWORK

Freak Guitar

• Members

I just purchased this guitar from Steve Stell a few months back. It has been completely redone (plained fretboard, refret, setup, etc) for a few hundred dollars(I even have the receipt). I have hardly even gotten the chance to touch this thing. As much as I'd hate to get rid of it, I'm in need of the money.

The guitar is in good shape. It was Ola Frenning' touring and recording guitar for many years, so it has some natural wear to it. This thing plays phenomenal and is a true one of a kind.

I'd like to keep it around $2300. I paid $2500, plus $271 in the setup. Comes with OHSC.

The pics kind of wash out the color but here you go:

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

• Members

For that kind of money I should hope so. But maybe you want to elaborate so it seems like a valid selling point (instead of seeming like a bunch of bs).
:)

A bunch of BS? Well thanks for being so kind :rolleyes:

-Fretboard plained

-Complete refret

-Shimmed the neck

-Setup

-18v EMG installed on his suggestion

-Rewired

• Members

Hey man, you opened and I called.
:)

Shimmed the neck? Ouch...why do I see the value of this guitar plummeting now...

In you saying the fact that I got the guitar setup seems like BS? I guess so...

The neck/pocket needed to be angled better to get the intonation perfect.

Shimming a neck doesn't really depreciate the value.

• Members

In you saying the fact that I got the guitar setup seems like BS? I guess so...

The neck/pocket needed to be angled better to get the intonation perfect.

Shimming a neck doesn't really depreciate the value.

Bwahahaha, first you're asking 2300 for a Caparison bolt-on:rolleyes:, and then you tell us all this work it needed, and that the OMG AMAZING WORKSMANSHIP Craparison needs a shim to intonate correctly.

Please...:rolleyes::freak:

• Members

Bwahahaha, first you're asking 2300 for a Caparison bolt-on:rolleyes:, and then you tell us all this work it needed, and that the OMG AMAZING WORKSMANSHIP Craparison needs a shim to intonate correctly.

Please...
:rolleyes::freak:

Ok, first of all. Calm down. I'm not one of the guys that says Caparison is the best thing you can buy. I understand they are overpriced, and yes...I'd like to get near what I paid for it. Is that possible? Highly unlikely. I bought a guitar that had a lot of "cool" value to it, me being a big Soilwork fan. It was more of a collection piece, and I'm trying to sell it as such.

I know what I can get for it, but I'm trying to get as much as I can.

EDIT: And for the record, none of these things I did to fix this guitar were a necessity. I'm very anal about how "perfect" my guitars are, so if there is any problems, I pay to get rid of them.

• Members

It has been completely redone (plained fretboard, refret, setup, etc) for a few hundred dollars(I even have the receipt).

... plus $271 in the setup.

Now that I re-read your original post, I understand that you were calling all the work a "setup", and that's why it cost that much. That work would cost a fair deal, so that does make sense of course. It's just that most of us wouldn't call it a "setup" because of all the work done. A setup is usually quite basic stuff.

• Members

Now that I re-read your original post, I understand that you were calling all the work a "setup", and that's why it cost that much. That work would cost a fair deal, so that does make sense of course. It's just that most of us wouldn't call it a "setup" because of all the work done. A setup is usually quite basic stuff.

Yea, I understand the mix up. I used the word setup because "rebuilding" sounded like it was broken when I got it, which definitely was not the case.

Sorry for the confusion.

• Members

Yea, I understand the mix up. I used the word setup because "rebuilding" sounded like it was broken when I got it, which definitely was not the case.

Sorry for the confusion.

Not to worry, and I'm sorry for being abrasive with you. Although I think this guitar will be a tough sell at this price, unless someone here is a Soilwork fan.

Archived