George Lynch Clinic

Songman68

• Members

I just got back from a George Lynch guitar clinic at Sam Ash in Charlotte. It was a really cool event. George was very cool and was very professional. He was there early and went on right at the scheduled time of 7PM. Lots of rock stars are bad about showing up at all or if they do show up they are late and don't give a crap. Not George he was right on time and was very humble. He didn't have any of that primadonna rock star attitude, just a cool down to earth dude.

He played through a Randall Lynchbox with a Mr. Scary Module, Brahma and the Super V modules. He said his favorite module was the Brahma and he used it the most. He was plying his old bengal ESP from 1978 and two of his new Super V ESP guitars and they sounded killer, so did the Lynchbox. He played for almost two hours along to a CD of some of his unreleased material so it was like a concert. The only complaint I have is that George likes to play at ear bleeding levels and it was louuuuuuuud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was loud enough to fill the sound of a 20,000 seat arena in a Sam Ash store. But it was still cool and George's playing was unreal during the show. I just walked around to the back of the stage behind the main PA to lessen the volume some and get away from the ear piercing treble from the PA.

If he comes to a Sam Ash in your town I would suggest you don't miss it, just take some ear plugs. :D

• Members

Haha, I was one of the young dudes hanging out near the back. It was loud as hell, and he kept playing to a skipping CD, and the overuse of delay was driving me crazy, but overall, it was really fun and entertaining. His playing was pretty tight, and you can see hes preally progressed from the 80's metal thing from back in the day. The Lynch Box doesnt quite do it for me, but that bengal guitar was sick.

• Members

I am supposed to go to the June 6th one.

HOw many people were there?

The Sam Ass by me can not even tell me when it starts.

I am glad you put the time.

Looking forward to it.

Thanks

I would say there were a little over a hundred people there, maybe a few more. You should definately go, just take some ear plugs. It seems it is never to loud for George, he just kept pumping up the volume until it was insanely loud.

• Members

Haha, I was one of the young dudes hanging out near the back. It was loud as hell, and he kept playing to a skipping CD, and the overuse of delay was driving me crazy, but overall, it was really fun and entertaining. His playing was pretty tight, and you can see hes preally progressed from the 80's metal thing from back in the day. The Lynch Box doesnt quite do it for me, but that bengal guitar was sick.

Cool man, I was the guy on the red shirt that asked him about the price of the Eminence Super V speakers.

I thought the Lynchbox sounded pretty killer. But I have to be honest, my RM100 loaded with 6L6 tubes sounds better.

• Members

If any of you guys are interested...We have 7 RM100LB's that George signed before his clinic in Chicago. One of them is the head that he played during the Sam Ash clinic and will come loaded w/ the Super V, Brahma, and Mr. Scary that he used that night. If anyone wants to pick one up, please shoot me a PM and I can let you know what dealer closest to you has one.

Thanks,

Rich Shelby

Randall Sales

• Members

Very cool, thanks for the info songman86, I hope he comes to the twin cities, and I'll bring earplugs

You are welcome man. I posted the link to the clinic schedule so you can see if he is coming up that way.

Archived