Eminence LEGEND GB128 good for metal?

Philmorris

• Members

Not really a "tight" speaker. I love them, but they wouldn't be my first choice for metal. I'd say you'd be better off with a V30 for metal.

Hmmm, looks like you might already have four GB12s? PLEASE ket me know if you decide to part with them at a decent price!

• Members

I'd like to know too. I'm more into hard rock, 80's type gain, but am looking to change speakers from my Emi Tonespotters.

I played rhythm guitar in a Cult tribute band last year thru a 4x12 loaded with GB12s. Sounded great for that. Malcolm Young-type rhythms with more gain.

• Members

I just tried a bunch of Eminence speakers and here is what I can tell you from the ones I tried. If you like the v30 than here is some options.

Governer-sounds alot like a v30 but smoother and punchier, great tight lows.

Cannabis Rex- smoother and much darker than the governer, same tight low end. (might not be the best for the FB because I believe it is a very dark amp to begin with)

Tonker- Big sound, also has a tight low end, adds presence, high wattage like the legendGB, efficent, not harsh. This speaker will rip your head off. I think its a great speaker to mix with another.

All 3 of those are good for metal, thats what I play. Others I tried from Eminence,and did not care for are SwampThang,Manowar, Wizard

Archived