Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminence LEGEND GB128 good for metal?

do anyone use eminence legend gb12 speakers for metal? I do, but want to know if i would be better off with celestion vintage V30 or something.
    ENGL Fireball
    4*12 Eminence Legend
    Ibanez Rg550 DY
    Jackson PS3

I'd like to know too. I'm more into hard rock, 80's type gain, but am looking to change speakers from my Emi Tonespotters.
    "You won't like me when I'm angry because I back up my rage with facts and documented sources" ~ The Credible Hulk

Comment

Not really a "tight" speaker. I love them, but they wouldn't be my first choice for metal. I'd say you'd be better off with a V30 for metal.

Hmmm, looks like you might already have four GB12s? PLEASE ket me know if you decide to part with them at a decent price!
      >>>Click here for my list of smooooov deals!

Comment

I'd like to know too. I'm more into hard rock, 80's type gain, but am looking to change speakers from my Emi Tonespotters.

I played rhythm guitar in a Cult tribute band last year thru a 4x12 loaded with GB12s. Sounded great for that. Malcolm Young-type rhythms with more gain.
        Originally Posted by knucklefux

let me tell you something, **************************************** ...

Originally Posted by TheEsupremacy

Why do you always come off like you're so much better than 100% of the people on this planet? Truthfully, are you God?

Originally Posted by Hardvalve

He seems to be slightly retarded, and easily provoked.

Originally Posted by gorebreath

my dad is a homo

The Rub on Facebook
        The Rub on MySpace
        The Rub on Soundclick
        The Rub on ReverbNation

Comment

I know Webers are a like more pricy but well worth the extra cash, One of the eminence I do like is the GB but its is more for E tuned It seem ( TOO ME NOW) when I down tuned the GB seemed weak But like 70 80's rock its works great
          Super Sexy Splawn Society
          Good Transactions With:
          PURCHASED GEAR FROM = MetalHead, Soulcrucher_X, sandman2nt8, xdamagexx, Satumine10, petelaramee, guitarslinger, Dewysoss, hangwire,
          SOLD GEAR TO = Chrisjd, cauberallies, Lord Toneking, motorock, boomerweps, jbank, jwu, and you could be next

Comment

I just tried a bunch of Eminence speakers and here is what I can tell you from the ones I tried. If you like the v30 than here is some options.

Governer-sounds alot like a v30 but smoother and punchier, great tight lows.

Cannabis Rex- smoother and much darker than the governer, same tight low end. (might not be the best for the FB because I believe it is a very dark amp to begin with)

Tonker- Big sound, also has a tight low end, adds presence, high wattage like the legendGB, efficent, not harsh. This speaker will rip your head off. I think its a great speaker to mix with another.

All 3 of those are good for metal, thats what I play. Others I tried from Eminence,and did not care for are SwampThang,Manowar, Wizard
            Amps:
            - EVH 5150 III, Mark IV, Triple Recto Rev F

Cabs:
            - Mesa, Splawn

Band:

www.myspace.com/arcofdescent

Speakers I have owned:

Almost every Celestion, Eminence and Warehouse speaker made !

Comment

Working...
            X