Duct tape as beam blockers..................

troublehead

• Members

Will this really work just as well? I love my Hellatone 30's (g12h30's) but they are just a bit bright/cold when I stand in front of the cab. Thinking about putting some tape on the inside of my grill cloth (or something else). Paper plate cutouts maybe:confused:

• Members

I'm not a huge fan of gooey adhesive all over my grill.

I'm thinking about sewing some kind of vinyl or cloth strip across the speakers on the backside of the grillcloth.

I thought the beam blockers changed the tone too much and had kind of a funky fit on frontloaded speakers.

• Members
Will this really work just as well? I love my Hellatone 30's (g12h30's) but they are just a bit bright/cold when I stand in front of the cab. Thinking about putting some tape on the inside of my grill cloth (or something else). Paper plate cutouts maybe:confused:

Your mic "stands" right in front of your speakers too. That is your true tone. Why not dial in your tone standing in front of your speakers so that you don't have to do some wacky doctoring to your guitar tone at the strip on the board. It'll be easier to get a good room sound for your guitar tones.

• Members

Your mic "stands" right in front of your speakers too. That is your true tone. Why not dial in your tone standing in front of your speakers so that you don't have to do some wacky doctoring to your guitar tone at the strip on the board. It'll be easier to get a good room sound for your guitar tones.

I understand where you are coming from, but I've tried that. When I dial in enough treble/presence to be clear, it just seems a bit "hard/cold" sounding (for lack of better terms). When I dial the treble/presence back, my tone doesn't sound bright/clear enough. I had this same problem a long time ago with g12h30's in an EarCandy cab. I don't want to change speakers though because I love them otherwise. I'm going to experiment with some circular velcro patches on the inside of my grillcloth later on today.

• Members

Try fastening something with shape there instead of flat. about 4"

Archived