I had a bad transaction with Willshrdforfood.

Mr. Brady

• Members

I bought a crate powerblock from him back in June. When it arrived there was no output at all from the speaker output jack. The unit powered up fine and there was output from the headphone jack, but nothing else.

He shipped it inside the crate bag with the originial box. He put another box around this and sent it via UPS. The box did not appear damaged at all when I received it.

I contacted him that same day I received it and offered to return it at my expense for a refund. He accepted these terms. I sent it back in the same packaging VIA fed ex. After receiving it he pm'd me saying he needed another week before he got paid before he could refund me. I said, no problem, I'll check back in a week. In a weeks time I e-mailed him and PM'd him. No response. This is now two weeks since he received the crate back and no refund. His last post was 7/3/07 and i've seen him on this forum last weekend. I have not seen him since. I have never gotten a response to my e-mails or PM's. I even offered to let him refund it in installments.

I'm out the original cost of the Powerblock, plus my shipping to return it.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oooh two weeks. That is not a long time in the trades game. Yes it sucks, and is frowned upon but a bit early to be shopping people.

Well first off, he should have refunded my money when the item was returned. He received it and said he did not have money to refund. You should not spend money before you know the customer has received the item and is satisfied. He's a long time poster here and I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but even if my money is returned the transaction was not a good one. I'm at least glad it wasn't a $1000 amp. I'd be going to OK about now.

• Members

Well first off, he should have refunded my money when the item was returned. He received it and said he did not have money to refund. You should not spend money before you know the customer has received the item and is satisfied. He's a long time poster here and I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but even if my money is returned the transaction was not a good one. I'm at least glad it wasn't a $1000 amp. I'd be going to OK about now.

It is one RMA away from new. Probably would have cost you $10 which he would reimburse more easily. On smallish items it is much better to be a bit more Buddist about it.

I just bought a pickup from a dude on here. I didnt get the pickup when he said he would send it the next day. I promted him a week later and he said sorry, and put in an extra jazz pickup for me for free.

Turned out his wife went into labour. {censored} happens and a little pickup/amp whatever is a drop in the ocean.

I only shopped a dude after he broke his word and didn't give me my gear for 2 months.

• Members

I bought a crate powerblock from him back in June. When it arrived there was no output at all from the speaker output jack. The unit powered up fine and there was output from the headphone jack, but nothing else.

He shipped it inside the crate bag with the originial box. He put another box around this and sent it via UPS. The box did not appear damaged at all when I received it.

I contacted him that same day I received it and offered to return it at my expense for a refund. He accepted these terms. I sent it back in the same packaging VIA fed ex. After receiving it he pm'd me saying he needed another week before he got paid before he could refund me. I said, no problem, I'll check back in a week. In a weeks time I e-mailed him and PM'd him. No response. This is now two weeks since he received the crate back and no refund. His last post was 7/3/07 and i've seen him on this forum last weekend. I have not seen him since. I have never gotten a response to my e-mails or PM's. I even offered to let him refund it in installments.

I'm out the original cost of the Powerblock, plus my shipping to return it.

Thanks for the heads up. :thu:

• Members

Willspankforfood ???

Cmmunication is the KEY!!!

I had to reimburse a guy 45.00 on a transaction but could not get to the post office, etc. before I went on vacation and just let him know I would pay him when I get back and all was well...

Some people just are to lazy to shoot out an email!

G.

• Members

Willspankforfood ???

Cmmunication is the KEY!!!

I had to reimburse a guy 45.00 on a transaction but could not get to the post office, etc. before I went on vacation and just let him know I would pay him when I get back and all was well...

Some people just are to lazy to shoot out an email!

G.

Exactly. One e-mail saying he was going away, his wife was pregnant, or he expected to be abducted by aliens in the next week would have been sufficient.

He was online 3 days after he received the powerblock and he sent me a pm saying he would refund me next week. He disappeared right before the next week came around. No e-mail about going away, nothing. He has not responded to my e-mails or Pm's since.

• Members

chill out, his pms are full and he has no more room in his email.

you are overreacting

His PM's were not full when I sent the messages. You get notification of that. I'm not overly upset yet. Just a bit ticked off. If he makes it right I will publically post that he did.

Archived