Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly spam thread 8-22-07

The monthly spam thread was just getting too cumbersome for many users... so we've switched it to a "weekly" spam thread.

I will close the previous week's spam thread sometime each Sunday evening / early Monday morning. At that time, the previous week's spam thread will be unstuck and locked. Everyone will be able to still read it as it drops off page one, but it won't be "bump-able".

Have fun, and I hope you can sell something you don't need, or find something you have been looking for.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

sticky?
    HOURS

Originally Posted by thegumbootman

I managed to not say the word "****************" until I was 18

In primary school when my friends discovered swearing, I thought "I've never said the f-word before. I'm never going to say it". I wanted to say it when I got older (mostly because my friends would nag me about saying it), but I just didn't want to end the streak of not-saying it

I ended up accidentally saying it to my girlfriend at the time. I said "Someone told me that Ben got with a really fat girl and he titty-****************ed her"

Comment

sticky?

Dude, it's a two step process - first I have to create the thread, then I have to sticky it. Patience my man, patience.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

haha. i just thought we were goign to have another incident like we did a few months back.
        HOURS

In primary school when my friends discovered swearing, I thought "I've never said the f-word before. I'm never going to say it". I wanted to say it when I got older (mostly because my friends would nag me about saying it), but I just didn't want to end the streak of not-saying it

I ended up accidentally saying it to my girlfriend at the time. I said "Someone told me that Ben got with a really fat girl and he titty-****************ed her"

Comment

I'm selling a 2007 Fender Custom Shop 1957 RI Stratocaster in Candy Apple Red with EMG DG-20 pickups (David Gilmour Pink Floyd). I will also include the original pickups. It has a Fender V shaped neck.

The guitar is pretty much brand new. I've only played it about 5 hours at home (smoke free).

I accept only Paypal. I'm also located in Florida.

Its a great deal. The guitar by itself is more than $2,200 and the EMG pickups are $300.

by the way, this guitar has so much sustain its not even funny. I just installed a new set of 10's on it. I still don't know how to adjust the action/neck for new string gauges so you might have to do that. It had 9s before.

I will ship with UPS 2nd day air for free!

$1,700

pm me if interested

Comment

It happens occasionally - If you don't see the thread stuck within five minutes of creation, send me a PM and remind me.

- George Carlin

Comment

will do. :]

HOURS

Comment

Possibly for Sale (I'll update later):

*EMG 58
                *EMG 60A
                *Fender MIM Strat
                *Ibanez 1527 Prestige 7 String
                (((you can't corrupt me)))
                Metallica's Gear-Updated 3/20/06 (New recent rig pix)
                Sharp-Concepts Diamondplating (My old EXP)

For Sale:

WANTED:
                *TRIAXIS
                *PRS SC245
                *Gibson LP Standard

Comment

FT/FS: I have a Dunlop Original Crybaby that I will pretty much trade for anything. Hit me up with some offers.

I will also sell for $45 shipped
                  bandPeavey 6505+Mesa/Boogie F-100Emperor 2x12Gibson Les Paul Standard PlusGibson Les Paul Standard LEGibson SG StandardIbanez Prestige RGA321Fender Road Worn TeleGood Transactions: BillyCorgan, DoubleBarrel, robotechnology, vidiot72, Cooker, detunedman, cfhmachado, stratedge09(x8), shadowsfall702, Fordman65, Doug's Tubes, guitarist1993, emptyparadigm, brandnewzo, Sandro, shimrod69, Jim Hunter, Operator, RG_76

Comment

Signature.

Comment

Sig. Looking for a lot, selling the Avatar 2x12 on Ebay right now and want to trade my Stereo Memory Man.

The cabinet is free shipping for HCAF forumites in the Northeast, ten bucks up until the rockies, and 20 bucks for you West Coast people.
                      There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Comment

GT12-75 16 ohm..$50 shipped
                        GT12-75 8 ohm...$50 shipped
                        Duncan JB black..lots of wire..$40 shipped
                        Empty Randall RM 50 combo box...$120 shipped

Comment

I have a peavy 5150 combo for sale. Looking for $400. Id like to keep this in the ct/ma area. I may also be interested in trades.

GONE
                          Ibanez Rg 620x
                          Schecter omen 6 (JB in the bridge)
                          Boss sd-1
                          morley power wah
                          Homebrew high gain 50 watt (4 gain stage pre with plate driven tone stack)
                          Homebrew 6v6 2204
                          Peavey Ultra 212
                          Marshall jcm 800 1960A cab
                          Good deals with: JmanX, xtchc1978, Rich(sold a carvin mts to his brother)

Comment

ATA Road case for VHT or Marshall sized amp head and 6 space shock rack with 4" casters. This thing is 3/8" and heavy duty. Excellent condition - $325 shipped.

(2) 16 ohm VHT/Emi P50E speakers. About 20 hours of use. $100 shipped.

Pair of 16 ohm Celestion 16 ohm V30s. These speakers were pulled from an older VHT cab and have no stickers/labels. $110 shipped.

All prices include paypal. Sorry, CONUS only.
                            Pete
                            My New CD - Special Price!
                            My Previous CD
                            My Myspace Page
                            Kurgan's Bane

Comment

The Rocktron Chameleon in my sig, which coincidentally looks like this:

Comment

Working...
                              X