4x12 SPEAKER CAB WIRING DIAGRAM???

Californian1988

• Members

Hi Bitches. Just jokin'. :wave:

I was wondering if anyone knows where to find a decent and simple wiring diagram for a 4x12 cab? I tried googling but was surprised not to find much info on the subject.

I'm looking for a straight ahead mono, 8ohm, 4 speaker wiring spec.

While I'm at it, just what is the difference wiring a cab in series or parallel?

Thanks, dudes!

P.

• Members

Hi Bitches. Just jokin'.
:wave:

I was wondering if anyone knows where to find a decent and simple wiring diagram for a 4x12 cab? I tried googling but was surprised not to find much info on the subject.

I'm looking for a straight ahead mono, 8ohm, 4 speaker wiring spec.

While I'm at it, just what is the difference wiring a cab in series or parallel?

Thanks, dudes!

P.

Its all over the net.:freak:Series wiring gives you a higher impedance and parallel gives you lower. Can't answer your actual question w/o knowing the impedance of the drivers you are using. Did you try Parts Express, Celestion, Eminence, etc, for diagrams?

• Members

Sweet! Thanks man.

I was searching for tutorials and crap like that. I never thought to checkout actual manufacturer's sites, because what do they know, eh?:p:freak:

I've got 4 G12k-85 Celestion speakers @ 16 ohms and just wanna make sure I've got them correctly wired up to make max head room for my VHT.

Anyway, Thanks for the info...and for not flaming me too much.

• Members
Sweet! Thanks man.

I was searching for tutorials and crap like that. I never thought to checkout actual manufacturer's sites, because what do they know, eh?
:p
:freak:

I've got 4 G12k-85 Celestion speakers @ 16 ohms and just wanna make sure I've got them correctly wired up to make max head room for my VHT.

Anyway, Thanks for the info...and for not flaming me too much.

Its a tube amp. It doesn't make more power at certain impedances. Just make sure you match the head and cab. BTW, you can't get 8 ohms with your four 16 ohm drivers.

Archived