Peavey Stereo Chorus 400

kadrocker

• Members

Anyone play this amp? How'd you like it? What kind of distortion does it have? Like that kind of music would it be good for?

I've been looking to sell/trade my Ibanez Talman and someone locally wants to trade this amp for my guitar. Good deal or no?

I'm not looking for a GREAT amp or anything, just something with decent distortion that I can use in a band situation (needs to be heard over drums)

Tell me anything about the Peavey Stereo Chorus 400.

Thanks!

• Members

I have had one for 20 years. It will never break. That being said, the distortions sound transistor like but can be tweaked to a passable tone. The cleans are pretty good and the stereo chorus effect is cool. What I actually use it for now is huge shows. I wire the two internal speakers together and run a 212 cab across the stage. I run a Roland GP100 modeler in the front of the amp with the EQ's on the amp being set flat. At 130RMS watts per side I can play outdoors without a PA and stay clean as a whistle. The most it's worth is 200 bucks , so keep that in mind when you trade. As for being heard over drums, you will have no problem. It's the loudest friggin box on the planet.

Archived