Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Of The Line Reverb Tanks? Rivera 55-12 Replacement...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Of The Line Reverb Tanks? Rivera 55-12 Replacement...

Is there a reverb tank out there that beats Rivera's tanks?
    Anyone know what they use?
    I called them a few times...I guess they don't bother picking up their phone to call their customers back!oke:

~RackShackHack~

Is there a reverb tank out there that beats Rivera's tanks?
    Anyone know what they use?
    I called them a few times...I guess they don't bother picking up their phone to call their customers back!oke:

~RackShackHack~
    My Rivera R55-12 had an 8-series tank from Accutronics which I believe is standard. It sounded great to me.

Welcome to the forum!
    Need custom rig graphics, band logos, CD art, metal or plastic nameplates? E-mail me: hal9000
    Samples: NEW! Blonde Tremoverb | VHT 50CL | Blackface 2-Chan Recto | Metal Logo | Logo | Andy’s Rig | Logo 2 | Bass Rig

My Gig Rig | My Band: Afraid Dave
    My Backup Rig | My Wet/Dry Setup

Mesa F-series: NEW! FX LOOP MASTER VOLUME | Audition Settings (web) (printable) (printable blanks)
    F-100 Clips, Clean: Haunting | One Night’s Sleep, Mid Gain: Strong Woman | High Gain: Dig | Sludge | COC-Infinte War | COC-It Is That Way

Mesa F-series Owner’s Lounge

Comment

Thank you! It's good to be here!

If I had my way I'd crank the Reverb to 10 and then bust the knob off!
      But I've had my baby for 7 or 8 years and since then any reverb above 5 just seems to squeal, feedback, and whine!

Do I need to replace the reverb tank?
      If so, are there other reverb tanks superior to the Accutronics 8-Series that are compatible with the Rivera 55-12 Suprema?

~RackShackHack~

Comment

Thank you! It's good to be here!

If I had my way I'd crank the Reverb to 10 and then bust the knob off!
        But I've had my baby for 7 or 8 years and since then any reverb above 5 just seems to squeal, feedback, and whine!

Do I need to replace the reverb tank?
        If so, are there other reverb tanks superior to the Accutronics 8-Series that are compatible with the Rivera 55-12 Suprema?

~RackShackHack~
        Your problem is probably the driver/recovery 12AX7 tube in the preamp and not the tank. If you have a spare known-good 12AX7, try that in the reverb spot first. Generally, if the reverb works at all, but there are weird oscillations and feedback, that's a driver/recovery circuit issue.
        Need custom rig graphics, band logos, CD art, metal or plastic nameplates? E-mail me: hal9000
        Samples: NEW! Blonde Tremoverb | VHT 50CL | Blackface 2-Chan Recto | Metal Logo | Logo | Andy’s Rig | Logo 2 | Bass Rig

My Gig Rig | My Band: Afraid Dave
        My Backup Rig | My Wet/Dry Setup

Mesa F-series: NEW! FX LOOP MASTER VOLUME | Audition Settings (web) (printable) (printable blanks)
        F-100 Clips, Clean: Haunting | One Night’s Sleep, Mid Gain: Strong Woman | High Gain: Dig | Sludge | COC-Infinte War | COC-It Is That Way

Mesa F-series Owner’s Lounge

Comment

Working...
        X