Peavey- Duel Two Twelve??

Cap'n Ahole

• Members

IMO they are more or less an ultra plus with tremolo, the clean channel seems to be a bit better then the ultra plus. It has been a while since I played one, but they are decent amps. I wish the clean was more classic 50 like then it would be a killer amp.

• Members

They are no where near an Ultra plus. Think fender twin. It is not a high gain amp in the slightest. i've owned one for a couple years. Great amp and great for pedals. The tremolo is useless as the the volume drops dramatically when engage. For clean/blues/rock this is a great amp. Gets into metal territory with an OD but what amp doesn't. How much for it? Cheers, Lucius

• Members

"It is not a high gain amp in the slightest." It didn't have the gain of the ultra channel but it had enough gain on tap. Mine was on par with the ultra crunch channel and sounded close as it was also on the dark side. The clean was not fender like at all but more flat like the ultra plus. The tremolo only had a minor effect on volume. I had both at the same time for a short time. I also had a sf twin when I had the duel, didn't sound anything like it. The vtx I had was closer to the twin. "They are no where near an Ultra plus." maybe not in ultra gain but I heard allot of similarities. It's not any closer to a twin or a classic 50.

• Members

They are no where near an Ultra plus. Think fender twin. It is not a high gain amp in the slightest. i've owned one for a couple years. Great amp and great for pedals. The tremolo is useless as the the volume drops dramatically when engage. For clean/blues/rock this is a great amp. Gets into metal territory with an OD but what amp doesn't. How much for it? Cheers, Lucius

Thx 4 the responses guys. Ive played a couple of their older classic combos, so this might be similar.. ?

This guy has one for sale with a pretty nice Yamaha hardtail dual hum guitar for $350. Im thinkin its a decent deal if theyre in good condition.. :cool:

• Members

Once I was in a band with another guitarist that was using a Peavey Duel 2x12.

That amp was about 90 pounds.

When he got a new amp...... the drummer rejoiced because he realized the Duel was the reason he had been getting headaches at gigs all that time! He said something about that amp...... some frequency was giving him terrible headaches and he hated that amp.

Archived