Fractal Audio AxeFx does MOP

GITTarzann

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am not 100% sure about this product yet. I haven't played one, but I am in line to try one out.

The thing that sells me the most is that people with monster rigs and no need to play gear that doesn't do what they want, selling, or setting aside their nice stuff to use the Fractal.

I keep reading over and over...my other gear doesn't get much play time anymore. These guys have vintage Marshalls, Bogners Deizel, Budda etc. etc.

Some of the comments say..it might not nail my "XXXXX" tone, but it is close, and just as good in it's own right.

• Members

hmm...sounds dead-on.

It does to me as well.

I am really excited about this thing.

The guy building them, Cliff Chase, has posted here since around 2005. He had some really nice tones way back then (when he was first starting out building the Axe-Fx), and really impresses me as far as building a processor, and now a company out of love. The guy listens to his customers and uses his expertise to tweek the Axe-Fx to accommodate them. I have worked with one person in all my guitar playing days that has done that.

Guy Hedrick .

He spent countless hours on the phone talking tone and working with me trying to make my amp just the way I wanted.

Now Cliff is doing the same thing with a computer trying to accommodate a bunch of people and succeeding, as far as I can tell.

• Members

I have an Axe-FX. It has cured my jonesing for other amps. If there is a tone I want, I can craft it with this little 2 space monster.

Most of you know me and know I have had some really high end gear over the past few years and I would not take one single or pair of those amps for this rig!

Gary

• Members

What does this mean though ?

"I would not take one single or pair of those amps for this rig!"

I wouldn't trade my Axe-FX for a Cornford and RoadKing. I wouldn't trade my Axe-FX for a Splawn modded Marshall and a Fender Vibrolux. I wouldn't trade my Axe-FX for an SLO or a Bogner XTC nor a HotCat 100. I wouldn't trade it for any of the amps I have owned or even a pair of the amps I have owned.

• Members

It's too bad the wait time on it is ridiculous or I'd be really interested in checking it out

Honestly, the wait time isn't that bad... Also a few members that have ordered the Ultra for the extra

effects will be selling their standard when the Ultra

arrives for them... They truly are worth the wait.

• Members

Honestly, the wait time isn't that bad... Also a few members that have ordered the Ultra for the extra

effects will be selling their standard when the Ultra

arrives for them... They truly are worth the wait.

Last I checked the wait time was between 1 and 2 years.... that's a long time for someone young that is playing music right NOW.... it's kinda useless to me if I have to put down half the $ and wait that long. What would I do in the meantime?

• Members

Last I checked the wait time was between 1 and 2 years.... that's a long time for someone young that is playing music right NOW.... it's kinda useless to me if I have to put down half the $ and wait that long. What would I do in the meantime?

Check on the wait time again.

• Members

Fractal claims the wait to be 4 - 5 months, with the entire wait list disappearing sometime in early '08 as they have entered a new production facility. No money is required to get on the list.

Archived